Do You Read The Daily Mail ?

Do You Read The Daily Mail ?

• Yes

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • No

Votes: 50 68.5%
  • Other (feel free to add a witty response)

Votes: 11 15.1%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flissh

I read it online and am shamefully addicted to it but would never be caught dead paying money for it. The only print papers I buy are The Times, Guardian and very occasionally the New Statesman.
Me too! I read it on line, can't seem to stop myself. My other half always tuts if he sees me with it on the lap top, but I have seen him having a crafty look too:whistle:
If we buy a paper (less and less these days) we get the guardian.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I once signed a petition to have it closed down. I hate it but for two things...one is the layout of their website which happens to be the best of any British newspaper...if you can ignore the content....and the crossword on the back page and nine-letter anagram within are a pleasant way to pass fifteen minutes.

PaulB

Legendary Member

dodgy

The problem with reading the Daily Mail, is that largely, those that do have no idea they're being lambasted on forums like this for doing it.

My dad reads it, he has no idea at all that it's mocked by the online community.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Don't know if this is typical of their readership but the only 2 people that I know who read it are/were my gran who battled on to 89 and great aunt Maud who at 91 is still buying the bloody thing, mind you the other paper she buys is the Leicester Mercury...

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
A big NO from me. There is a chap in my local pub who reads it, and always tries to pass it on to me. I thought he would get the idea that I don't want it after many many refusals.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Do the online column of shame stories get printed in the paper ?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
It's occurred to me in the past that there's probably a business to be made out of making bog paper that reproduces the DM. I'm sure quite a lot of people would pay good money to get that extra little bit of satisfaction out of every dump...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
My wife has just bought home a copy.
So just spent half an hour going through it.
Even the football reporting is third rate.
The only decent section seems to be the review supplement.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
The Online version does provide updates on the latest sleb nonentities: weight gain, weight loss, holiday destination, celulite, boyfriend/girlfriend, baby-bump, diet regime, excercise regime, tattoo, bikini, camel toe, fashion, drunken nights out, vajazzle.
It's the only bit it does well ...

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Well someone out there does :wacko: - circulation for 2012
http://www.mailclassified.co.uk/cir...ulation-readership#daily-mail-monday---friday

Readership information is easily available online, because it's of interest to advertisers. The typical mail reader is over 65 (42%), in social class C1 (clerical/junior manager) (33%), and female (52%). 70% of them read no other newspaper. By contrast, the typical Guardian reader is under 24 (19% - though there's a very even spread of readers throughout the age profile), male (53%) and in social class AB (professional/managerial) (66%).
http://www.guardian.co.uk/advertising/guardian-circulation-readership-statistics

Curiously, the Telegraph is rather coy about its current readership, preferring instead to publish some fluffy aspirational guff. Its last published profile said that 38% of readers were over 65 - not far short of hte Mail's profile.

I know where I'd choose to invest if I wanted a long-term future in newspapers.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
The online site also amends history - such as by deleting the hate-filled article by Littlejohn that helped hound Lucy Meadows to her death.

Top Bottom