Do you remember where you where for the first moon walk ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Dining room with family ,i was 4 but i remember it well.
I guess it was a Kennedy type moment for me as i missed that.

I was also in the dining room of the same house when my mother burst into tears in 77 when Elvis died

classic33

Leg End Member
He may not have been the first
There are many recorded instances of the moonwalk; similar steps are reported as far back as 1932, used by Cab Calloway. In 1985, Calloway said that the move was called "The Buzz" when he and others performed it in the 1930s.

Drago

Legendary Member
I was one when Armstrong did his thang. In the eighties I was too busy ruining my hearing with Motorhead to even notice that Mike and Al Jackson even existed.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5132584, member: 259"]Unfortunately they didn't stay there.[/QUOTE]

Sting went mad after that, eschewing deodourant and eating only flowers washed down with horse urine, or something like that.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If we're on about the Apollo moon landing and not Michael Jackson, i was still at junior school. Our teacher brought in a tv so we could watch the re-runs of the landing and stuff. I think the actual first steps took place in the middle of the night GMT,so i wouldn't have seen it live. We were on about conspiracy theories down the pub last night. I'm now sceptical about the landing happening. It seems more a probability that it happened in a studio rather than actually happened.

Top Bottom