Do you remember where you where for the first moon walk ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MiK1138

Veteran
I had just turned 2 yrs old so have no memory of Apollo XI but i do recall some of the splashdowns from later missions

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I was 5 and recall seeing ghosty images of it on our B&W telly at home. BTW, the MJ thing - why is it called moonwalking?. Don't recall Armstrong or Aldrin doing that.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Indeed

It was first seen in Britain on Top of the Pops when Shalamar were booked to appear, but only Jeffrey Daniel was able to turn up.

He danced the entire number - including one move he called "the Back slide".

The performance was so good, the BBC were inundated with fan mail, begging for him to come back. He had to rush from a gig in Amsterdam to appear the next week.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG2YB9pp484

He later demonstrated the "Black Slide" to MJ, who used it in the same week on a live TV performance of Billie Jean and called it the Moonwalk

PS : I know where I was - it was a night to remember :okay:

Last edited:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I was in bed, in the morning at work “did you see it” …....me ...... “see what”

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Mythbusters killed the conspiracy theory once and for all. The Apollo missions left mirror reflectors behind that we can use to shine laser light at - moon dust just diffuses it. This has allowed us to work out the precise distance to the moon and that it's moving away from us at about the same pace that human fingernails grow!. So how did the reflectors get there, conspirators?.

Plus, the moon landing was relayed via the Parkes observatory radio telescope dish in Australia - anyone seen The Dish with Sam Neil?.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkes_Observatory

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I think the
I think the Clangers tv show started about the time of the supposed first moon landing,so yes i suppose this could be actual footage of man on the moon.
moonlanding05.jpg

MiK1138

Veteran
Should have gone to Specsavers (other opticians are available)

Read that as "I was shoplifting in M & S and Sainsbury's".

I thought,I bet he wants to get it off his chest after all these years.
I've read it 3 times now and still read shoplifting

Reactions: GM

Globalti

Legendary Member
I remember exactly. We were in our camper van parked in a layby in Scotland, the wind rocking the car and the rain beating against the windows, listening to it on a Bush transistor radio.

Top Bottom