Do you suffer from lack of cycling ?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by biggs682, 8 Feb 2019.

1. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

I went on a turbo once,thats why i dont go to gyms ect.As long as its not too windy/icy ill go out.I do like the rain once im wet ! Saying that went out early this morning and its been a nice sunny day.

biggs682 likes this.
  2. Threevok

Threevok Junior Member (Trainee)

I like your thinking

Which means I've done at least two miles of Red Bull Rampage, tore through the town at Valparaiso and ridden just about every bike park in the UK, despite never visiting any of them :whistle:

3. Grant Fondo

Grant Fondo 'Real Life, and Postcard Views, Europe Endless'

I am adding Eurosport Tour, Giro and Vuelta miles now then :laugh::laugh::laugh:

4. Reynard

Reynard Veteran

5. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

6. If the new tyres are okay when I get back this afternoon, then tomorrow may involve a longer ride, weather permitting...

raleighnut and biggs682 like this.
  7. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Extra solar

8. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Extra solar

Wonder how many punctures you get with YouTube in a year?

SpokeyDokey likes this.
  9. cyberknight

cyberknight Wibble

2nd week of commuting for me , although i was skating on black ice yesterday morning .

biggs682 and raleighnut like this.
  10. OP
    OP
    biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider Photo Winner

Take care in those conditions

11. skudupnorth

skudupnorth Cycling Skoda lover

I am like a bear with a sore head if I do not cycle ! Last year I was off the bike for a few weeks at a time due to illness and it was killing me not cycling. The nurse even added to my notes “ will ask when he be able to cycle again “ :laugh:
    I ride every day to and from work in all weathers but commuting riding is not what I enjoy the most and grab any opportunity to get out for pure fun.
    This is often difficult due to family commitments but when I do get out, I feel fantastic and love every moment.
    I am due to go back into hospital at some point this year and that will of course cull my cycling for a few weeks so I feel for anyone around me :laugh:, but cycling will give me something to look forward too once I am fixed.

12. I'm with you on this: when I was diagnosed with Asthma, and when I had a problem with my knee it was my first concern.

I sometimes wonder if there's much difference between me and my clients who have substance addiction issues.

I was able to do my first 'Long' commute of the year this morning and I feel so much better for it. Of course it helps that my commute is mostly through fields and forests.

Edwardoka, biggs682 and skudupnorth like this.
  13. Katherine

Katherine Guru Moderator

Thinking of you.

skudupnorth likes this.
  14. "A Bu**er of a year" is an apt description. Hang in there Rusty.

15. OP
    OP
    biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider Photo Winner

@Rusty Nails hang in there and lets hope all goes as well as it can do re the above situations , life can be cruel for sure

skudupnorth likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice