Do you suffer from lack of cycling ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
You might be alright there. Some members are ok with Turbo miles being added to their annual mileage so you might get away with counting any You Tube mileage in your annual total.

^_^

I like your thinking

Which means I've done at least two miles of Red Bull Rampage, tore through the town at Valparaiso and ridden just about every bike park in the UK, despite never visiting any of them :whistle:

You might be alright there. Some members are ok with Turbo miles being added to their annual mileage so you might get away with counting any YouTube mileage in your annual total.

^_^
I am adding Eurosport Tour, Giro and Vuelta miles now then :laugh::laugh::laugh:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
2nd week of commuting for me , although i was skating on black ice yesterday morning .

Take care in those conditions

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I am like a bear with a sore head if I do not cycle ! Last year I was off the bike for a few weeks at a time due to illness and it was killing me not cycling. The nurse even added to my notes “ will ask when he be able to cycle again “ :laugh:
I ride every day to and from work in all weathers but commuting riding is not what I enjoy the most and grab any opportunity to get out for pure fun.
This is often difficult due to family commitments but when I do get out, I feel fantastic and love every moment.
I am due to go back into hospital at some point this year and that will of course cull my cycling for a few weeks so I feel for anyone around me :laugh:, but cycling will give me something to look forward too once I am fixed.

I am like a bear with a sore head if I do not cycle ! Last year I was off the bike for a few weeks at a time due to illness and it was killing me not cycling. The nurse even added to my notes “ will ask when he be able to cycle again “ :laugh:
I ride every day to and from work in all weathers but commuting riding is not what I enjoy the most and grab any opportunity to get out for pure fun.
This is often difficult due to family commitments but when I do get out, I feel fantastic and love every moment.
I am due to go back into hospital at some point this year and that will of course cull my cycling for a few weeks so I feel for anyone around me :laugh:, but cycling will give me something to look forward too once I am fixed.

I'm with you on this: when I was diagnosed with Asthma, and when I had a problem with my knee it was my first concern.

I sometimes wonder if there's much difference between me and my clients who have substance addiction issues.

I was able to do my first 'Long' commute of the year this morning and I feel so much better for it. Of course it helps that my commute is mostly through fields and forests.

Katherine

Guru
It is not illness or injury that is stopping me cycling but family stuff.

I've had a bugger of a year because of a neck operation but hoped that I had turned the corner and could increase my cycling.

Then my daughter had her first baby which took us to London for two weeks because the birth was problematic. (Hopefully OK now).

Then three weeks ago my wife's sister was diagnosed with terminal cancer and is now in a hospice in Whittington so we have moved into her house up here and are spending most of the time with her.

One minute we are up then the next we are down, but at times like this cycling is not a priority. I will get back to it, and enjoy it, but at the moment my only vicarious link to cycling is this forum.

Thinking of you.

I've had a bugger of a year because of a neck operation but hoped that I had turned the corner and could increase my cycling.

Then my daughter had her first baby which took us to London for two weeks because the birth was problematic. (Hopefully OK now).

Then three weeks ago my wife's sister was diagnosed with terminal cancer and is now in a hospice in Whittington so we have moved into her house up here and are spending most of the time with her.

One minute we are up then the next we are down, but at times like this cycling is not a priority. I will get back to it, and enjoy it, but at the moment my only vicarious link to cycling is this forum.

"A Bu**er of a year" is an apt description. Hang in there Rusty.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

@Rusty Nails hang in there and lets hope all goes as well as it can do re the above situations , life can be cruel for sure

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
This morning 44 mile ride was magical for many reasons , i saw my first lambs of 2019 , loads of spring flowers ie snow drops , daffodils and many in flower .

I even saw a group of 3 dears on the horizon of a field .

And all the other cyclist's i saw acknowledged me as well

So all in all the above are the sort of thing's i miss when i am not out on my bike on a regular basis

Top Bottom