Do you suffer from lack of cycling ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Yeah I do get depressed. However I need a few days off because I like to push on & it breaks me down. It’s easy to do too much. It’s hard to stay off Zwift when you’re burnt out. No point in over doing it either.

Fen blow going on here. No point trying to cycle in the equivalent of a grit blaster.
There will be tons of KOM hunters out, or at least that was what I thought but we didn't see another cyclist 52 mile ride this morning :okay:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
The weather forecast for tomorrow(sunday) is not good, but I am going to get the wet gear on and go for it in the morning. My Audax bike has 'guards on it so it is going to be the bike of choice. I need to get out.

Same here I would rather be moist than blown away .

Yes I miss it
Didn't ride yesterday,
Probably won't today, as the wind's too blustery to be safe today, just for a ride anyway (without it being to work, or such)
(days-off Thur/Fri, this week)

I'll be riding to work Sat/Sun though (& all next week)

Damned windy this AM
I had to pedal down a 1-in-15, & could barely breath out, as I did
Plus, the rain stung my face like Wasps!!
(@Milzy …. 'Birkwood Hill')

Thankfully, though. it hadn't turned round by hometime. & it was a hell of a push back up the hill!:okay:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
id you embed the studs by riding on (smooth-is) tarmac for around 40 miles, as instructed on the label?
If you didn't you will lose some studs, maybe lots.

Riding Marathon winters you don't have to worry about ice, you're invincible, just take care when you put your foot down to stop ^_^

Aye indeedy. I had Schwalbe Snow Stud tyres prior to the Winters. They were a touch more nobbly to cope with deep snow so wondered how the Winters would differ.
I love the looks of bewilderment from pedestrians wondering how I'm staying upright as they're slipping and sliding everywhere ^_^

Milzy

Guru
Damned windy this AM
I had to pedal down a 1-in-15, & could barely breath out, as I did
Plus, the rain stung my face like Wasps!!
(@Milzy …. 'Birkwood Hill')

Thankfully, though. it hadn't turned round by hometime. & it was a hell of a push back up the hill!:okay:
Even though it’s always been close through my life, I hardly go on it. Just don’t like it. It’s boring & you can feel vulnerable.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Its been a bit of a turd for the last 6 months for me bike wise
After wifes illness i barely got out and then worked 7 day weeks as she was not entitled to sick pay
slipped and landed heavily so hurt my ribs so i couldnt ride for 2 weeks , in fact a month or more later and i still camt lie on that side
last 3 weeks at work i have been clocking 3 hours overtime most days .So tired all i have been doing is working and sleeping, left eye has swollen up for some reason too.
weekend weather shocking , last week was icy and this week it was pissing it down and im at a stage where i dont want to get particularly cold or wet as i have done the whole " look im hard cus i rode in snow " and suffered for it with my circulation in my hands and feet being so bad i get white fingers just walking across a car park this time of year .

Im fat and grumpy !

I plan to get out later today for a bit

Last edited:

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I need the outdoors and exercise induced endorphins to keep on top of life. It seems like we have had back to back month after month of rubbish weather. Ride one day, clean the bike the next day. Roll on those beautiful summer smiles where you get home, park the bike up and get to use it again without having to get the cleaning kit out.

I have got to say, the turbo is a life saver for me. It isn’t cycling. To me it is cycle specific ‘gym’ and I love structured plans and calendars to keep me on the straight and narrow. Cycling and the turbo do have a link, but to me they aren’t one in the same. Lots of endorphins involved.

It is not illness or injury that is stopping me cycling but family stuff.

I've had a bugger of a year because of a neck operation but hoped that I had turned the corner and could increase my cycling.

Then my daughter had her first baby which took us to London for two weeks because the birth was problematic. (Hopefully OK now).

Then three weeks ago my wife's sister was diagnosed with terminal cancer and is now in a hospice in Whittington so we have moved into her house up here and are spending most of the time with her.

One minute we are up then the next we are down, but at times like this cycling is not a priority. I will get back to it, and enjoy it, but at the moment my only vicarious link to cycling is this forum.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
It is not illness or injury that is stopping me cycling but family stuff.

I've had a bugger of a year because of a neck operation but hoped that I had turned the corner and could increase my cycling.

Then my daughter had her first baby which took us to London for two weeks because the birth was problematic. (Hopefully OK now).

Then three weeks ago my wife's sister was diagnosed with terminal cancer and is now in a hospice in Whittington so we have moved into her house up here and are spending most of the time with her.

One minute we are up then the next we are down, but at times like this cycling is not a priority. I will get back to it, and enjoy it, but at the moment my only vicarious link to cycling is this forum.

:sad: What a sod life can be at times. I hope when her time comes it's as painless as possible.

Top Bottom