Do you suffer from lack of cycling ?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by biggs682, 8 Feb 2019.

1. Vantage

Vantage The dogs chew toy

My social group rides have been cancelled lately due to risk of ice. To a large extent, they're my motivation to get the bike out.
    I have to wonder how many others are in the same boat.

biggs682 and Katherine like this.
  2. No.

3. gavgav

gavgav Guru

Yes, absolutely. My mood is always better when I’m cycling regularly. I’d even go as far as saying that I wouldn’t have got through the worst time of my life, when I lost my mum, if it wasn’t for keeping up cycling when I could do

4. I like Skol

I like Skol Hold my beer and watch this....

After my big accident I couldn't cycle or drive for months so walked, a lot. I would walk a 6 mile round trip just to drop off the ironing and often walked about 2.5 miles to do the shopping a couple of times a week instead of the normal weekly big family shop by car. Walking just over a mile with 4 loaded shopping bags hurts your hands and arms...….
    It kept me sane!

Last edited: 8 Feb 2019
    gavgav, Pat "5mph", Dave7 and 4 others like this.
  5. CarlP

CarlP There’s no need to live in a pit of doom

No.

6. pawl

pawl Veteran

Good for her.

Katherine and Drago like this.
  7. lane

lane Über Member

It's not a good thing for me if I don't exercise. My mood deteriorates and I'm most likely not so good to live with. It doesn't have to be cycling specifically but that's what I enjoy best. When I can't or choose not to get out on the bike in the winter I do intervals on the stationary bike in the gym followed by a swim session and all is good. The intervals are just unpleasant enough to be enjoyable. Also do some walking at the weekend sometimes. Roll on the spring.

Last edited: 8 Feb 2019
    Katherine likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

No what ?

9. CarlP

CarlP There’s no need to live in a pit of doom

I don’t get down or depressed when not cycling.

biggs682 likes this.
  10. Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph" A kilogrammicaly challenged woman Moderator

I'm the opposite to the OP: because my bikes are my only transport, sometimes I get fed up from cycling, I do cycle short journeys most days.
    If I don't have to ride to work, I often do other active stuff, like walking, gardening or swimming.
    My job is quite active too, so it's not like I'm missing the exercise if I don't cycle.

Did you embed the studs by riding on (smooth-is) tarmac for around 40 miles, as instructed on the label?
    If you didn't you will lose some studs, maybe lots.

Riding Marathon winters you don't have to worry about ice, you're invincible, just take care when you put your foot down to stop ^_^

11. Jimidh

Jimidh Über Member

I miss wearing shorts and short sleeved jerseys.

I miss looking forward to getting out on my bike rather than dragging myself out the door in full winter gear, having that extra espresso before I leave.

I do still love it when i’m out. I even love Zwifting or Trainer Roading it in the garage.

But roll on the Summer.

Pat "5mph", Katherine and SpokeyDokey like this.
  12. slowmotion

slowmotion Quite dreadful

I like riding my bike. It makes me happy when I'm doing it and it gives me a minor feeling of satisfaction when I've finished, even if it's just a four mile trip to the shops somewhere. I get cranky if I don't do it.

Pat "5mph", Katherine and biggs682 like this.
  13. gavgav

gavgav Guru

That tends to be why I don’t cycle to work, as with having a stressful job I just think I would lose the enjoyment of getting out on the bike, to get over a bad day at work. Having the half an hour, after getting back from work, in the car, and then getting out on the bike seems to work for me.

Pat "5mph", Katherine and SpokeyDokey like this.
  14. pjd57

pjd57 Über Member

First day off the bike for a few weeks. Too windy this morning.
    Missing it already.

Pat "5mph", Katherine and Reynard like this.
  15. Reynard

Reynard Veteran

Fen blow going on here. No point trying to cycle in the equivalent of a grit blaster.

Katherine likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice