Do you suffer from lack of cycling ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Until my finger heals up I've been told not to cycle in case I come off and do some damage. I have a newly built bike with no more than 60 miles on the clock, a new jacket, new rather cool looking retro Brooklyn jersey and a new pair of shoes, none of which I have even worn.

I am SERIOUSLY P'd off, so P'd off that I've even considered putting it on the much detested turbo trainer. Only the fact that I'd find gouging my eyeballs out with a spoon not as bad as riding on a turbo has stopped me.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
If I don't cycle I get a bad back, it is really that simple. The lurgy is going around my house at the moment, so I have been busy to do anything on the bike but commute for the last 2 weeks. I can feel my back and my mood starting to struggle. I really hope my wife is feeling better by Sunday and that I don't catch it.

johnnyb47

Guru
I haven't been out on the bike now for 2 weeks due to a stinking cold and poor weather. I feel its really put a dampener on my overall mood. I can't wait to get better and back on my bike again.. It will be interesting to see it my grumpy mood picks up from it

Drago

Legendary Member
I can handle a few days, even a week, but more than that I do start to miss it.

However, if I have to for 48 hours without shooting something then I get really tetchy. Mrs D recommended I work my frustration out punching a sack of potatoes, but I'd far rather shoot them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

Missed my ride yesterday, life got in the way, was definitely suffering cabin fever by the end of the day, I'm planning to ride tomorrow but the weather isn't looking good and as my next opportunity to ride after that is Thursday I might be a bit grumpy next week.

bluenotebob

Veteran
I rode yesterday for the first time in 12 days. I'd been slightly frustrated that I couldn't get out for so long because of the weather … but, hey, it's only early February. If it had been April or May, and I hadn't been able to ride for 12 days, then I would have been going up the wall.

Re earlier comment about depression … I can't (and daren't) ride if I'm depressed. It makes me feel worse if I cycle when depressed - a lot worse.

I'm looking forward to next week with some excitement - much calmer weather forecast for here in Brittany and, I think, central & southern England too. Maybe some slightly frosty mornings but plenty of opportunities to get out in the afternoons and early evenings.

vickster

Legendary Member
I did manage 2x 5 miles yesterday, only second ride after my knee op...that included about 2 hours drinking coffee between the outbound and inbound rides. I was pretty fatigued. In my defence, it was blustery!

I’m using the gym bike... it’s not the same but it is more controlled in terms of the force I put through my knee (I’m not including any gym bike time in my annual mileage which is about 95 so far in 2019)
I’m aiming for more miles March onwards!

Dave7

Legendary Member
:bicycle:
I did manage 2x 5 miles yesterday, only second ride after my knee op...that included about 2 hours drinking coffee between the outbound and inbound rides. I was pretty fatigued. In my defence, it was blustery!

I’m using the gym bike... it’s not the same but it is more controlled in terms of the force I put through my knee (I’m not including any gym bike time in my annual mileage which is about 95 so far in 2019)
I’m aiming for more miles March onwards!
Nice to read that Vickster....keep it up :bicycle:

Top Bottom