Do you suffer from lack of cycling ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I ride most days and I've only had 3 or more days off cycling in a row 3 times in the last 4 years.

My longest enforced absence during that time was for 7 days last year when I was trapped in Wales without a bike during the 'beast from the east' snow storms. That drove me totally stir crazy, normally after 1 day off I'm itching to get back cycling again.

Also I don't know if it's psychological or because I'm in my mid/late 40's now, but it feels like my leg muscles atrohpy after 3 days, and us humans seem to be able to lose fitness a lot faster than we gain it, so maybe that acts as an extra incentive to get back out again sharpish.

I don't own any proper waterproofs or winter riding gear, so am not a big fan of riding in grim conditions, but riding in grim conditions is still preferable to no riding at all, for me at least. And as soon as the clocks change to British summer time those extra daylight hours just encourage me to cycle more.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Over the last two weeks i have done 20 miles, but that all changes from Saturday as we have a training camp in Spain, We will be up in the mountains for 7 days, so that will get me back on track, then hopefully the weather will be better here when we get back.
The weather in Calpe.:okay:
weather.JPG

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I get very restless after more than a few days without riding a bike. Luckily I don't have to 'force' myself to go out and ride to get my 'fix' as I feel just as good by riding the 10 miles eachway to work. I usually do that twice a week and that sorts me out regardless of managing to squeeze in any leisure rides as well.
Might go out into the tempest this afternoon yet......

Drago

Legendary Member

He's got no arms or legs. He's given up while he was a head.

Top Bottom