Do you suffer from lack of cycling ?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by biggs682, 8 Feb 2019.

1. SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey 20% through Decade 7. Yikes! Moderator

:sad: What a sod life can be at times. I hope when her time comes it's as painless as possible.

2. Grant Fondo

Grant Fondo 'Real Life, and Postcard Views, Europe Endless'

Suffering from lack of cycling? Can't even summon up the energy to put this on the bike....
    20190210_133140.jpg

SpokeyDokey, biggs682 and Reynard like this.
  3. Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca Out-Riding the Black Dog

I had the same when I had a Garmin. Fine now I’ve got a Wahoo :boxing:

4. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Haven't been on the bike since 18 August when I bust my clavicle. Got an x-ray in 12 days when I'll find out if the plating and bone graft have worked. If the news is positive and the consultant is happy, it's full steam ahead with gym work, turbo and gentle rides.

TBH it's been okay having a good excuse not to go out but now the evenings are lengthening I can feel the sap rising.

SpokeyDokey and biggs682 like this.
  5. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Extra solar

Cheeky. I just strap a homing pigeon to my bars with an alp kit stem cell full of bird seed. Works every time never get lost.

6. gavroche

gavroche Getting old but not past it

I am a very determined fair weather rider so will not ride in bad weather. So far this year, I have only rode my bike 4 times, about 15 miles each time, when the weather was good enough. I watch a lot of cycling related You Tube blogs though. Can't wait for spring to come.

SpokeyDokey likes this.
  7. Edwardoka

Edwardoka Facetious Remark Generator, Waffler

Been out once this year. January 1st. The intermittent Mavic Death Squeal I'd been ignoring finally progressed on that ride to the point that the freewheel now rotates freely in both directions. Frustrating because even when I'm down I know that once I'm out on the bike I'll feel much better, but with my mental health being so shonky of late, the motivation or means to fix it simply isn't there.

Adam4868 likes this.
  8. johnnyb47

johnnyb47 Über Member

GCN have just uploaded a video on the benefits that what cycling has on mental wellbeing. Its was quite an interesting watch

raleighnut and Edwardoka like this.
  9. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

To jump in on your thread,had the same with a Mavic wheel end of last year.Was told by various "experts" lol that it was fecked.Took it to a bike mechanic who I use and 15 quid later wheel is still going strong .In fact it had that satisfying click before now it's silent ? Anyways no more death squeal !

10. Globalti

I can also tell you how to cure it for free. It's easy to fix.

Edwardoka and Adam4868 like this.
  11. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

The suspense is killing me ?

12. Edwardoka

Edwardoka Facetious Remark Generator, Waffler

Thanks for the offer man, but I've ridden with the bike like that for nearly 2 years. Goodness knows how much damage I've done in that time.
    It'll make for a fine turbo wheel until the better weather comes round :-)

13. Globalti

It's simple to fix. You just need to remove the freehub, clean everything up and re-lubricate with 3 in 1 oil. Let me know if you want me to explain how to remove the freehub.

Edwardoka, Adam4868 and raleighnut like this.
  14. OP
    OP
    biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

Back on the bike for commuting and i am enjoying dodging other shared path users much more than fighting with other motor vehicles

cyberknight likes this.
  15. SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey 20% through Decade 7. Yikes! Moderator

You might be alright there. Some members are ok with Turbo miles being added to their annual mileage so you might get away with counting any YouTube mileage in your annual total.

^_^

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice