Do you suffer from lack of cycling ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Suffering from lack of cycling? Can't even summon up the energy to put this on the bike....
20190210_133140.jpg

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Suffering from lack of cycling? Can't even summon up the energy to put this on the bike....
View attachment 451695

I had the same when I had a Garmin. Fine now I’ve got a Wahoo :boxing:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Haven't been on the bike since 18 August when I bust my clavicle. Got an x-ray in 12 days when I'll find out if the plating and bone graft have worked. If the news is positive and the consultant is happy, it's full steam ahead with gym work, turbo and gentle rides.

TBH it's been okay having a good excuse not to go out but now the evenings are lengthening I can feel the sap rising.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I am a very determined fair weather rider so will not ride in bad weather. So far this year, I have only rode my bike 4 times, about 15 miles each time, when the weather was good enough. I watch a lot of cycling related You Tube blogs though. Can't wait for spring to come.

Been out once this year. January 1st. The intermittent Mavic Death Squeal I'd been ignoring finally progressed on that ride to the point that the freewheel now rotates freely in both directions. Frustrating because even when I'm down I know that once I'm out on the bike I'll feel much better, but with my mental health being so shonky of late, the motivation or means to fix it simply isn't there.

Adam4868

Guru
Been out once this year. January 1st. The intermittent Mavic Death Squeal I'd been ignoring finally progressed on that ride to the point that the freewheel now rotates freely in both directions. Frustrating because even when I'm down I know that once I'm out on the bike I'll feel much better, but with my mental health being so shonky of late, the motivation or means to fix it simply isn't there.
To jump in on your thread,had the same with a Mavic wheel end of last year.Was told by various "experts" lol that it was fecked.Took it to a bike mechanic who I use and 15 quid later wheel is still going strong .In fact it had that satisfying click before now it's silent ? Anyways no more death squeal !

Globalti

Legendary Member
I can also tell you how to cure it for free. It's easy to fix.

I can also tell you how to cure it for free. It's easy to fix.
Thanks for the offer man, but I've ridden with the bike like that for nearly 2 years. Goodness knows how much damage I've done in that time.
It'll make for a fine turbo wheel until the better weather comes round :-)

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I am a very determined fair weather rider so will not ride in bad weather. So far this year, I have only rode my bike 4 times, about 15 miles each time, when the weather was good enough. I watch a lot of cycling related You Tube blogs though. Can't wait for spring to come.

You might be alright there. Some members are ok with Turbo miles being added to their annual mileage so you might get away with counting any YouTube mileage in your annual total.

^_^

Adam4868

Guru
I went on a turbo once,thats why i dont go to gyms ect.As long as its not too windy/icy ill go out.I do like the rain once im wet ! Saying that went out early this morning and its been a nice sunny day.

Top Bottom