Do you thank drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iendicott

With all this talk on the forum about being cut up and dangerous drivers etc.. Do you thank drivers for being courteous ?

Well quite a few times this week drivers have waited for me so I thank them by given then a wave. They must think I am bonkers but a little thanks can go a long way.

I have to admit these people are few and far between but I respect them for respecting me on the road. :thumbsup:

BSRU

A Human Being
I do as long as taking my hand of the handlebar is not a detriment to my personal safety.

levad

Veteran
Yes, usually with :hello: (but not waving) or with a nod.

GrasB

Veteran
As long as I feel safe doing so yes. Though a lot of the time I get a look of HU? with the wave back... I find it ironic that the typical courteous driver doesn't get that you appreciate them do something as simple as adhering to the highway code.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
[QUOTE 1310661"]
Always, but bearing in mind that a driver obeying the Highway Code isn't being courteous.

[/quote]

True, but it's a sign that it's about a person in charge of a vehicle, which is always more welcome than a vehicle in charge of a person, and let's face it, many people appear to be driven by their car rather than vice-versa.

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
I usually give a wave. I came unstuck once, though, when the driver stopped down the road and asked why I gave him a V sign. I hadn't done, but I felt a bit bad that he thought that after he had held back behind me and passed nicely. :wacko:

Top Bottom