Do you thank drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twozeronine

I always thank drivers for courteous driving.

A couple of months ago I was riding down a very dark road, in thick fog, so could barely see anything in front of me, and a motorist stayed behind me with his fog lights on. Once we got to a well lit area I gave him a wave. No idea if he was intentionally helping me out, but it feels good to be thanked. :smile:

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
I also make a point of shaking my head disapprovingly if I'm at some lights and another cyclists waltzes through the red.

I do that too, I am sick to death of other cyclists jumping reds.

PoliceMadAd

I tend to thank big/long vehicles that do good overtakes, and any vehicle that waits to overtake if there is a line of oncoming cars, or an obstruction/hazard ahead.

nightoff

I thank courteous driving frequently.

This would include patiently waiting behind be through pinch points, giving me an excellent overtake, allowing me to pass when it isn't my right of way.

A thumbs up does the trick and costs nothing.

On balance, I find most drivers to be pretty good and try not to let the idiots spoil it for me.

Bman

Guru
Indeed. and if the overtaking driver doesnt see it, others might. Then they may think "Oh *thats* how it should be done"

Well, I live in hope...... :smile:

lofty

Always do , I`m riding the same route at excactly the same time every day of the working week , Chances are you`ll meet the same drivers another time :smile:

I always acknowldge thoughtful driving - at this time of year especially when they dip their lights when coming at me. I'm on the same road all the time. I assume a lot of the drivers are too. It's an investment, as well as the nice thing to do.

Top Bottom