Do you use a phone when cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jjbike

I'm currently undertaking some research for a final year project, and would greatly appreciate your opinions and knowledge on cycling.

My area of focus is a cycle safety innovation for athletic and recreational cyclists, but all data and input is invaluable.

I have a short 7 question survey here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LF2G7M8
Thanks for your time.
Feel free to ask any questions.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
done :smile:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Not clear what data your trying to collect, I take a phone just incase I need it, but I turn it off as I want to enjoy my ride
Similar although i do not turn mine off, no one phones me anyway ;)
tell a lie a work mate decided to send an innane text when i was cycling home at 3 am in freezing fog , was not best pleased at having to stop and dig the phone out of the panniers .

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Done. Have been called up by Supply agency offering me work for next day and by GF asking me how long I'll be. Almost always have Sports Tracker running.

compo

Veteran
I carry a phone, but it lives in my rack pack. I only carry it for emergency use. I have SOS number in it but don't know if the emergency services do check phones, or even if they would check inside my rack pack. I also wear dog tags with an emergency contact number and some brief vital medical information.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Done.

I used to have my phone all the time for gps tracking, google maps if i got lost, finding local pubs/shops, or web browsing wherever ive cycled to if im bored. I tend to use the Garmin for tracking and dont really bother with the phone anymore, comes with me about half the time.

HovR

Über Member
I carry my phone mainly for logging my ride via Strava, although if something catastrophic were to happen to the bike like a tire blow-out, freehub failure, frame failure etc I could use it to ring a taxi. I can fix most common issues with my toolkit.

Top Bottom