Do you use a phone when cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herr-B

I always take my phone, it has Strava running on it and it's wrapped up in a small waterproof bag in my back pocket - even if I heard it ringing I'd never be able to get to it in time. I also think about using its camera to take some lovely pics on my routes, but that'd defeat the objective of having it running Strava. ;)

defy-one

for me... cycle time or drive time means phonefree time. i check the damn thing when i get to my destination.
side note: day off yesterday, went xmas shopping in Bicester.... left the phone at home by mistake. didn't miss it once!

I have an iceid bracelet which contains emergency contact information.
Iceid.co.uk

Done.

I am sure there are several apps that do this too. One in particular, you choose what info to display but likely name, age and medical info etc. Maybe an emergency contact too. This all displays at the lock screen. People still won't be able to unlock your phone so just hope they have a phone when they find you, to call for help.

Personally, the main drawback i see with this is that people won't know to look for your phone. Not unless it becomes a common practice with cyclists. At least with your wrist band you are putting the information out there for all to see.
Can't remember the name of the app but it was defo free.

Survey seems to be slanted towards development of a handle bar mount, something I don't use. For me the phone stays in the camelpak where I listen via headphones to Pandora, updates from Endomondo and phone calls.

SRSE

Regular
Done

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Done the survey. As ever, it didn't seem all that well thought out
I regularly ride a Brommie M6, a road bike (drops), my commuter (flats) my fixed (cut-off inverted drops) so I couldn't clearly answer the bar shape one.
Is someone trying to design a phone mount for handlebars?
Tigra-iPhone-5-bike-mount-rear-view-mounted-to-handlebars-547x461.jpg

Top Bottom