Do you use a phone when cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

defy-one

Phone on silent and curently using Strava as my Garmin is busted. Normally it is in my saddle bag and in airplane mode as i don't want it draining the battery with endless voicemails.
I usually stop after an hour for a 2 minute break and check the phone then

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Done - I carry a phone so I can be contacted (theoretically), but it does rely on me noticing the noise and then deciding whether it is worth stopping to look/answer it. But I tend to check it when I get to my destination or soon after.

BristolScouse

Regular
Phone on silent and curently using Strava as my Garmin is busted. Normally it is in my saddle bag and in airplane mode as i don't want it draining the battery with endless voicemails.
I usually stop after an hour for a 2 minute break and check the phone then
Dumb question...but can you mount your sat navs to the bike and are you able to purchase cycle route programmes?

defy-one

are you talking about car sat navs? then the answer is no. the cycle specific sat navs have cycle routes prioritised.

BristolScouse

Regular
oh cool. didnt realise you could get cycle specific ones. what sort of price do they start at? any recommended ones?

Dan B

Disengaged member
I strap my phone to my head in case I come off or a car hits me. There may be only a small chance it'll save my life, but any chance is better than no chance right?

Drago

Legendary Member
I strap my phone to my head in case I come off or a car hits me. There may be only a small chance it'll save my life, but any chance is better than no chance right?
Yep, and stick a peak to it and you can keep the sun out your eyes as well, although the app for that costs £2.99.

Top Bottom