Do you use "social media" - you know Facebook, blogs, twitter and all that?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I have a blog and I am in LinkedIn, but they are both work things. Private (doesn't appear on search engines) blog for family and friends around the world. No twitter (although I can see it's value in organising stuff) and no Facebook etc. for the same reasons as DavidC.

Bird Brain

Blog sometimes and that's all.

Globalti

Legendary Member
No, I'm a happy well-adjusted individual who likes to sit in the pub and chat with friends over a pint, I don't feel the need to bare my soul in public and I don't flatter myself that the public would be interested anyway.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, LinkedIn,an unused blog and a podcast website. Apart from the blog, the rest were set up as part of the podcast identity, though I rarely use Facebook and Twitter is more personal than podcast-related. Bands and musicians all have their own favourite ways of contacting you via the web, so having a presence in the main social networking sites is almost a requirement to allow them to get in touch via their medium of choice.

Couldn't see the point of Twitter when I signed up in April 2007 when my fellow podcasters were all getting in to it. Now I love it. Keeps me amused, entertained & informed!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Keeps me amused, entertained & informed!

That's why I use Facebook. I was aware of it 2 yrs ago, but didn't use it. A 64 yr old professor got me into using it
smile.gif
and now I use it pretty much every day. I like reading posts from my brother, who has a wonderfully irreverent sense of humour, and music recommended by friends, etc. Photos I wouldn't otherwise have seen, friends in far flung corners of the globe etc. I'm careful with the privacy stuff, and I'm careful what I post (I can't be rude on there, as my kids will see it... but they tell me they just ignore my stuff anyway).

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
it's great for elderly relatives - Her Nibs' family is quite widely spread, and the three daughters and the grandchildren can keep in touch with her mum.

I opened up a facebook page and then thought better of it - but, for some reason, I get friends requests, and there's loads outstanding, presumably generated not by the individuals, but by Mr. Facebook. So - if you're one of these - apologies

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I only use CC and I only stumbled onto this site by accident, before that I had no idea there was such a thing as forums and for just about anything you mention. I've never seen facebook or twitter, etc. and think I waste enough of my time on here talking shite to bother with anything else on the internet.

Facebook. The absolute best way I've found to keep in touch with friends I've worked with. As they we all work on ships and can either be at home in widely scattered areas of the UK and Portugal or scattered even further around the world on varoius boats any other method would be challenging. It really has made a difference when people I've worked with are moved around the company

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Facebook has taken over from Friends Re-United as the way my friends from school and university keep in touch + the way we find out what the sprogs are up to + people who have become friends over the years from companies I work with can vent their frustrations with what's hassling them and it all helps bond people together.

Also have a Twitter and Facebook business page for the office + LinkedIn for work. + practice website and Yell page.

Don't need any of it but it adds to the ways people can communicate when they don't have your phone number.

After all that we're ex directory at home so clients don't ring my house by mistake at stupid hours on Saturday or Sunday!!!

martint235

Dog on a bike
I have a Facebook account that I'm pressured into keeping open, I did suspend it for a couple of months in the summer.

Twitter is ok depending on who you follow, you can get some quite witty people on there but most of it is dross. London Travel on twitter is quite useful.

Got a blog too but no one ever reads it (or at least I've only had one comment that wasn't spam) but I try to update it regularly.

I had a Facebook account, very briefly. When I found myself updating my status one day with the words "John is hungry", I realised it was time to close it down. Or kill myself, one or the other. Nothing worth writing about ever happens in my life - which is fine, that's the way I like it - so yes, I'm toying with opening a Twatter account. From what I've seen on there, I should fit right in.:thumbsup:
Otherwise, I have CC and two Citroen 2CV forums, and I maintain the band's MySpace site, which involved sticking a load of photos on there some years ago.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
A colleague spends her entire lunch break hunched over her monitor on Facebook replying to all her friends - she's got masses of them - and regularly overshoots her break time because she is so engrossed in what she's doing.

LOL You comment about a colleague overshooting her lunchbreak on facebook yet open a thead on here mid morning ? :laugh:

Facebook yes, normally only for 10 mins a day. Not got into twitter and don't think I ever will.

Top Bottom