Do you wanna race?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"

MattHB

Proud Daddy
At work apparently a part of a web app I built for the students was also 'well sick'. I asked him if he felt ok.

sidevalve

Über Member
Not really wanting to be a boring old git there is a law against racing on public roads and oddly there is a reason for it. As you said, one of the lads jumped the lights, who's fault would it have been if he'd been splatted by a truck [for once not the truck driver]. Do you really want to egg 'em on and then feel at least partly responsible if something goes wrong ?
After all, most people would get pretty upset if they came across two cars having a "burn up" at the lights and really this is no diferent. Just let 'em get on with it.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Not really wanting to be a boring old git there is a law against racing on public roads and oddly there is a reason for it. As you said, one of the lads jumped the lights, who's fault would it have been if he'd been splatted by a truck [for once not the truck driver]. Do you really want to egg 'em on and then feel at least partly responsible if something goes wrong ?
After all, most people would get pretty upset if they came across two cars having a "burn up" at the lights and really this is no diferent. Just let 'em get on with it.
We should be so lucky.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Had a lad do this to me on my way to work. I let him take off on his BMX as it took a little longer for me to get 77 inch moving. He had literally gone 10 feet when I came past. He started screaming in defeat/laughter, so we both had a giggle. So long as you thrash them, its not an issue. Bit of fun.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Had a lad do this to me on my way to work. I let him take off on his BMX as it took a little longer for me to get 77 inch moving. He had literally gone 10 feet when I came past. He started screaming in defeat/laughter, so we both had a giggle. So long as you thrash them, its not an issue. Bit of fun.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
This is what happened in the second video. I heard him mention something like "I didnt know you were coming". It was strange as the taxi overtook us both.
I then saw him on the pedals in a poor attempt of catching me up. He then turned around and mounted the pavement to his friends whome I suspect will give him some abuse for losing.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They probably thought you were about forty. But makes a nice change from the usual comments you get from the young-uns.

Watch it. LOL

Xiorell

Über Member
Once I've set myself up I'm pretty quick but "out of the blocks" I always seem to spend ages dicking about trying to get clipped in... never seems to be a smooth operation lol

Ethan

A kid asked me if I wanted a race once, I replied 'It wouldn't be a race' - Much to the amusement of all his friends.
I think its a line I'll stick with, it gets giggles and means I don't have to race:laugh:

festival

Über Member
In similar situations I have said Ok, looked all serious, the lights go green, the kid tears off across the junction and 100 yards up the steep hill, I take a swig from my bottle and gently pull away turning immediate left. His mates start laughing and the kid is coughing his lungs up as i smile and wave good bye.

Top Bottom