do you wax your frame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASC1951

Guru
lordjenks said:
? if you do wax it then how good is the wax at keeping off all the cr*p thrown up form our lovely british roads?
Of course not - frame care is for people who can't afford titanium. ;)

More to the point, a titanium frame allows me to go out in any weather and not fret about rust or salt. Given that I only need my bike to work efficiently, not look pretty, bare Ti is actually a sensible investment.

If you do need to keep your bike sparkly clean, BabyWipes are the mutt's nuts, as someone else has said. The Own Brand ones are as little as 1p each.

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
It's funny but I'm sat here waiting for the Car pride TFF wax (£1 per tin lasts a very long time) to haze before buffing off.

I wax the bike about once a month (only in the winter time), but mostly when I can't get out and about on it and I've time to kill (which I have today)

I just strip it down (wheels / accessories off) then apply the wax and leave it for about 30 mins (thats coffee time) before spending an hour or so buffing off and placing the parts back onto the bike.

between now and the next wax its just a matter of hosing the bike down / quick wipe over and lube the chain before putting it away.

I use beeswax and avoid the rain - in 200 years time the resulting patina will make the frame worth a fortune to the loonies who crave for retro stuff.

Top Bottom