Dockless bike scheme comes to town

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's been going in Cambridge for a couple of months. I see them being used, and parked up all over the shop. I've seen a lad in an OFO coat, he rounds the bikes up to the centre of town from far flung places. They also have a little electric flat bed truck, I assume to cart the broken ones off with.
I ve seen them on the busway in what seems the middle of nowhere and bizarrely one locked up every day when I get the bus.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I ve seen them on the busway in what seems the middle of nowhere and bizarrely one locked up every day when I get the bus.
What's annoying is people just leaving them in the middle of pavements, it seems to be getting more pronounced- Not my bike, not my problem.

tommaguzzi

Über Member
they were in Sheffield for a short while, lasted about 6 months before they pulled out last month due to the amount of vandalism and theft. mostly the scumbags broke the lock and smashed the electronics then used the bike as personal transport until they got bored and threw it in the river or smashed it up.
even when this wasnt the case on a couple of occations when i tried to find one i could see it on the app. but it wasnt there on the street and i would know that someone had taken it indoors so they would have one next time they needed it.
i used ofo bikes twice sucessfully and thought they were really good, but in reality Sheffield is just too hilly for these types of bikes and unfortunately like any big city there are just too many scumbags with no social conscience for it ever to work.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Manchester has very few Mobikes now, certainly nothing like the 1000. It's hard to find one in the city centre now. I think the vast majority have been damaged.

Top Bottom