Does anybody actually like golf????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
rich p said:
I've done a bit of poking around in the rough in my time but that was before I was married:ohmy:
But if life on the putting green gets a bit below par, you might need to try some crazy golf now and again...(I don't know what I mean either)....:biggrin:

sheddy

Legendary Member
Golf should be played against the clock - summat like the crosscountry ski-ing and shooting thing

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I agree with sheddy and they should only have two bats so they can run round the course quickly.

I once won a set of golf bats and took them onto the local sports pitch for a bash. I realised two things:

a. It could definitely get addictive.

b. It could become expensive as I hit a parked Saab with my third shot.

On those grounds I gave it up and got a few hundred for the bats.

Computer golf is really good though.

bonj2

golf's a fairly nice sport to play (even though I'm not that good at it), but watching other people play it I'd rather watch paint dry.
Another similary with cycling is that how nice it is often depends on how nice the course is (and how nice a day it is).

Frazer

I love a game off golf, its really relaxing and the one shot that lands a foot or so from the pin every couple of rounds is just a great feeling, even if the other 100 go out of bounds. Plus, its a sociable game more than anything, and you get some nice country air and greenery to look at.

Another advantage of golf is that you can have a good chat with your mate, no intrusions from the real world, and it doesn't matter that you are a zillion times fitter than them because you are only walking!

Sabreur

I think the main thing is the difference between the perfect shot and utter uselessness is miniscule.:biggrin:

Fencing's like that, only giving a more aerobic workout, with better kit and is much, much cooler :rolleyes:

gkerr4

I love it - watching and playing!

it's an awesome game to play, but very very time consuming especially if you are hoping to get good at it.

Top Bottom