Does anybody else hate where they live??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Phew! that's better :biggrin:

ColinJ said:
Hmm, I suppose where I live is okay if you like green hills...

picture.php

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I like living in Winchester, even though it's got a reputation in Hampshire for being a bit up itself.

But you expect that sort of comment from peasants.

U

User169

Bollo said:
I like living in Winchester, even though it's got a reputation in Hampshire for being a bit up itself.

But you expect that sort of comment from peasants.

I grew up in Basingstoke; we used to say we lived near Winchester!

After Basingstoke, anywhere seems decent. Delft is rather nice to look at:

1660_Johannes_Vermeer_View_of_Delft-L400.jpg

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Delftse Post said:
I grew up in Basingstoke; we used to say we lived near Winchester!

After Basingstoke, anywhere seems decent. Delft is rather nice to look at:

<pretty picture>

:biggrin:

I'm sat in the 'stoke typing this at work. Certainly Basingstoke is not a place that lives long in the memory. I'm bunking off work early today to ride back to Winch, and the riding once you cross the M3 is very fine, through Cliddesdon, Bradley and on to Alresford along the NCN23.

Never been to Delft, although we regularly visit our friends in Eindhoven, a bigger, Dutchier version of Basingstoke IMHO.

gavintc

Guru
Naples has a 'frisson' all to itself. Thankfully, we live about 15 miles outside, and can decide when we want a dose of Naples. But then again the sun does make up for most of the issues.

rsvdaz

I live in Torbay on my weekend cycles I have this to put up with:

torbay.jpg

country-lane.jpg

80-a382-dartmoor-by-pharding-2008-lrg.JPG

Dartmoor_b.jpg

grabbing a lung full of the sea air whilst oout on the bike up to the moors is blawdy fantastic! :biggrin:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
threebikesmcginty said:
Phew! that's better :biggrin:
ColinJ said:
Hmm, I suppose where I live is okay if you like green hills...
picture.php
Ho ho!

Believe it or not, when I first moved to Hebden Bridge there was a collection of ugly tower blocks on the western side of town. They were a complete eyesore. I can't imagine how planning permission was ever given for them. They'd have been in the bottom right hand corner of this photograph but as you can see, thankfully, they have been torn down and replaced with more appropriate housing.

mytholm-hebden-bridge-wide.jpg

rsvdaz said:
I live in Torbay on my weekend cycles I have this to put up with:

torbay.jpg

country-lane.jpg

80-a382-dartmoor-by-pharding-2008-lrg.JPG

531110372eLzbuJ_fs.jpg

grabbing a lung full of the sea air whilst oout on the bike up to the moors is blawdy fantastic! ;)
Very nice!

I have to say that even though I love the local Yorkshire hills, it would be good to be nearer to the sea and I'd also like to have some flatter country roads to ride on without having to ride 40 miles to get to them.

avalon

Guru
Use to live in Weston-super-Mare, just south of Bristol and hated it. Now living in South Australia which has some fantastic cycling roads and tracks.

phaedrus

gavintc said:
Naples has a 'frisson' all to itself. Thankfully, we live about 15 miles outside, and can decide when we want a dose of Naples. But then again the sun does make up for most of the issues.
Are you near Sorrento? I have some relatives around there.

gavintc

Guru
jimscullion said:
Are you near Sorrento? I have some relatives around there.

No, just north of Naples - Lago Patria. The town itself is a bit of a dump, but we have some lovely surrounding areas.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I don't hate where i live but i would love to move to Cornwall,the only down side to that plan is cost,jobs and cost !
We have our fair share of numpties in and around but it is not too bad and we can escape to the hills if we want.

Top Bottom