Does anybody else own a Genesis bike of any kind????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MajorMantra

Spin City said:
That's interesting Major Mantra. The Solo looks exactly the same as my Skyline except you now have to pay an extra £88 to have Ridgeback Solo instead of Genesis Skyline written on the bike. (If VAT had remained at 17.5% it would have been an extra £100.)

It's still a lovely bike though and one I would definitely recommend.

I'm keeping my eyes open for a cheap used one. I certainly couldn't justify buying it new since a)I don't need it and :biggrin: I've bought far too many bikes recently (currently at 4).

Matthew

shunter

Rockus said:
Theres nothing worse than waiting for a good day to ride. You're showing epic restraint there Shunter!!! Any reason you plumped for another genesis?

took a test ride on the croix de fer -def cannot justify that one!!!

I was very impressed with the Genesis altitude and the local store, which has good mechanics and friendly staff, had the Aether 2008 reduced by 20% so it was hard to resist. I initially fancied the Vapour but they didn't have my frame size left. The thrill of speed is hard to resist though.

The Croix De Fer is a great looking bike - I don't think I have seen one yet but the pictures look good. With a change of tyres it could cope with a lot of tasks. I think Genesis give their bikes great names as well.

shunter

MajorMantra said:
I'm keeping my eyes open for a cheap used one. I certainly couldn't justify buying it new since a)I don't need it and :biggrin: I've bought far too many bikes recently (currently at 4).

Matthew

3 bikes and 2 motorcycles but no car. Wife has the car. Strangely enough I can justify having them all but I don't like having more than 1 of each dirty at the same time especially in the middle of winter:laugh: I would love to know how many bicycles would be considered just to much.

OP
OP
Rockus

Rockus

i've got 4 which suit all of my needs really, but you just keep looking dont you. a new croix der fer was a push too far, but hey if one is going cheap second hand i prob wont think twice.

i too have no car -dont care really, they only get you to red lights quicker

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I REALLY like the look of the equilibrium range, especially the grey - silver colour. ANd Im not usually a fan of steel, I like big tube carbon bikes.

Main.jpg

Waspie

Über Member
Got a bright orange Day One Cross and a light blue Flyer. Bought the cross first, and although I think it's a great bike I find it a little undergeared for the road, hence the frankly unnecessary purchase of the Flyer. Love the Flyer, barely been on the Cross since.
The Cross is now used for light off road duties and will get studded tyres put back on for the winter. The Flyer is now my default commute bike and I think it would be fine for longer rides although I haven't got round to that yet. I think I enjoy cycling on the Flyer as much as I do my carbon road bike.

I also like the look of the Equilibrium and mountain bikes but not planning any more purchases!

TomSH27

Hi, I've just bought an Equilibrium 00, it's my first "proper" bike but I love it. I got it for tackling the many and large hills around where I live, and to supplement my running training with some long rides and hill climbs. I cannot really compare it with other brands/models as it is my first (new) bike but I would recommend an Equilibrium to anyone, especially for descending hills, that thing is glued to the road and I reckon it would take a freak tsunami to unbalance it.

Top Bottom