Does anybody else own a Genesis bike of any kind????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rockus

Hi all

I seem to have aquired three Genesis bikes in the last year, oops.

Love a steel framed bike; longevity factor and bad experiences with alloy. cant afford Ti either. But besides this they seem to be pretty well speced and ride like a dream.

Curioiusly there doesn't seem to be may other genesis riders out there, what gives???

MajorMantra

I ride a white Genesis Flyer fixed gear every day and love it. I've seen a few other Genesis bikes around though they aren't especially common. There are lots of Ridgebacks though and they all originate with the same company. (Genesis having started as a model in the Ridgeback range and then split off as a whole separate brand.)

Matthew

shunter

Have a Genesis Altitude 00 with pannier rack and road tyres for commuting. Has worked out safer than the Ridgeback Flight on the frosty days we had over winter although somewhat slower.

Just bought the Genesis Aether for a bit of long distance cycling but have not been out on it yet - saving the first time experience for a nice day.:biggrin:

OP
OP
Rockus

Rockus

I've got a flyer as well MM. great bike love it -although not brave enough to go fixed on it yet. weirdly i bought it from i guy in Edinburgh, was i bargain so i really couldnt say no.

Theres nothing worse than waiting for a good day to ride. You're showing epic restraint there Shunter!!! Any reason you plumped for another genesis?

took a test ride on the croix de fer -def cannot justify that one!!!

runner

Guru
i have a genesis day 01 and have riden for 3 years....not that impressed, will soon be riding a new bike on the BTW scheme, but will keep the genesis for those winter days

MajorMantra

runner said:
ah having read what the major said...i have a ridgeback genesis day 01....thats better :biggrin:

Actually, I have one of those too now that you mention it.:ohmy: So in a sense I have 2 Genesis bikes.

Of its type I think it's pretty good (light and quick) though mine hasn't had much love since I got into fully fledged road bikes.

Matthew

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Genesis is the sister brand to Ridgeback - both supplied by Madison, and soon to be joined by Saracen.

Spin City

Über Member
I've got a Genesis Skyline which I've had for 13 months and it's done nearly 2,500 miles.

Like the others with a Flyer mine is set up as a fixed wheel; the difference between the Skyline and the Flyer is that the Skyline has mudguards and is black.

For some reason though the Skyline was only in production for a year while the Flyer has been around for at least 3 years. Maybe black bikes with mudguards aren't that popular..........

I'm on a Genesis Flyer. I set it up as a fixed without any problems although I ended up changing the wheels and brakes to something better. I've had great fun on it and found that by test riding some very expensive bikes it compares very well for ride and efficiency.

MajorMantra

Spin City said:
For some reason though the Skyline was only in production for a year while the Flyer has been around for at least 3 years. Maybe black bikes with mudguards aren't that popular..........

Take a look at the current Ridgeback Solo. Unless my eyes are deceiving me it's exactly the same bike with different stickers and a 2009 price to match:

http://www.ridgeback.co.uk/index.php?bikeID=89&seriesID=41&show_bike=TRUE

I'd love one for the wet days actually. I have race blades (which I've yet to use on the Flyer) but I'd rather just have 2 bikes.:biggrin:

Matthew

Spin City

Über Member
That's interesting Major Mantra. The Solo looks exactly the same as my Skyline except you now have to pay an extra £88 to have Ridgeback Solo instead of Genesis Skyline written on the bike. (If VAT had remained at 17.5% it would have been an extra £100.)

It's still a lovely bike though and one I would definitely recommend.

Top Bottom