Does anyone have a folder that isn't a brompton?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I've been fettling my Birdy up again & have put it in this morning to have a super bargain new Sturmey 5 speed hub wheel built to replace the kaput dualdrive.

I'm getting quite giddy at the thought of having it roadworthy again and simplified at the rear end.

If it all goes to plan, someone could be on for a VGC 2nd hand Brommy S3L with front luggage.

Mr Foldy

My Dahon Mu P8 is in my profile pic. I'm into year 4 of heavy use. I love it every time I ride it. Previous posters contrast reliability vs Brompton bomb proof. But for my bus/12 mile commute Dahon is best. I see Brompton longevity and fold, but for me light frame and 20" wheels are preferable. If I was doing 2 miles/tube in Central London of course I'd look at a Brommie.

Salar

A fish out of water
My Dahon Mu P8 is in my profile pic. I'm into year 4 of heavy use. I love it every time I ride it. Previous posters contrast reliability vs Brompton bomb proof. But for my bus/12 mile commute Dahon is best. I see Brompton longevity and fold, but for me light frame and 20" wheels are preferable. If I was doing 2 miles/tube in Central London of course I'd look at a Brommie.

Nice,

20" wheels for me too, I wouldn't go any smaller.

My Dawes is apparently a re badged Dahon, not sure which one.

You must be fitter than me, I struggle with my 52t chainring on rides over 12 miles !

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Thanks for the comprehensive write up, nice touring set up. I also have the hinge problem on my sons Ecosmo folder, never tried the LEXAN sheeting idea, will give it a go.

I have one of those. Cheap and cheerful. I quite like it.

Top Bottom