Does anyone know what this symbol means?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
It appeared out of nowhere earlier today, in the notification area of my phone, and I haven't a clue what it's telling me.

upload_2019-7-24_0-48-29.png

The one on the far left...+ in the middle.

My first thought was battery, because the 'ring' looked to be down around 73%. But it ain't so.

It now looks like this:

upload_2019-7-24_0-51-25.png

And that ain't no 32%.

I probably changed something inadvertently...but what? And does it matter? And will I be able to sleep tonight?

Any suggestions welcome. And thanks.

classic33

Legendary Member
"The circle with a plus sign icon means that you have enabled the phone's data saver feature."
&
"Data Saver is On. You can toggle it off via Settings - Connections - Data Usage - Data Saver."

https://android.stackexchange.com/q...is-icon-circle-with-a-plus-sign-in-the-middle

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/why-you-should-enable-data-saver-in-chrome-for-android-right-now/

Last edited:

biggs682

Smile a mile bike provider
Scottish vernacular. Woke = Awesome.
I hope that's right

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Must be a new thing.
Ha, I knew it wasn't Scottish! From Google:
Woke is a political term of African American origin that refers to a perceived awareness of issues concerning social justice and racial justice. It is derived from the African American Vernacular English expression "stay woke", whose grammatical aspect refers to a continuing awareness of these issues.

Slick

Guru
Ha, I knew it wasn't Scottish! From Google:
Woke is a political term of African American origin that refers to a perceived awareness of issues concerning social justice and racial justice. It is derived from the African American Vernacular English expression "stay woke", whose grammatical aspect refers to a continuing awareness of these issues.
That's good @Pat "5mph" I thought for a minute that I wasn't down with the kids or something. :eek:

Top Bottom