Does anyone know what this symbol means?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
It appeared out of nowhere earlier today, in the notification area of my phone, and I haven't a clue what it's telling me.

upload_2019-7-24_0-48-29.png

The one on the far left...+ in the middle.

My first thought was battery, because the 'ring' looked to be down around 73%. But it ain't so.

It now looks like this:

upload_2019-7-24_0-51-25.png

And that ain't no 32%.

I probably changed something inadvertently...but what? And does it matter? And will I be able to sleep tonight?

Any suggestions welcome. And thanks.

classic33

Leg End Member
"The circle with a plus sign icon means that you have enabled the phone's data saver feature."
&
"Data Saver is On. You can toggle it off via Settings - Connections - Data Usage - Data Saver."

https://android.stackexchange.com/q...is-icon-circle-with-a-plus-sign-in-the-middle

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/why-you-should-enable-data-saver-in-chrome-for-android-right-now/

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Scottish vernacular. Woke = Awesome.

I hope that's right

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Must be a new thing.
Ha, I knew it wasn't Scottish! From Google:
Woke is a political term of African American origin that refers to a perceived awareness of issues concerning social justice and racial justice. It is derived from the African American Vernacular English expression "stay woke", whose grammatical aspect refers to a continuing awareness of these issues.

Slick

Guru
Ha, I knew it wasn't Scottish! From Google:
Woke is a political term of African American origin that refers to a perceived awareness of issues concerning social justice and racial justice. It is derived from the African American Vernacular English expression "stay woke", whose grammatical aspect refers to a continuing awareness of these issues.
That's good @Pat "5mph" I thought for a minute that I wasn't down with the kids or something. :eek:

Top Bottom