Does anyone NOT...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

strofiwimple

Veteran
Rhythm Thief is the kiddy! a good session with good friends on landlord (or a few other fantastic real ales i could bore you with) is the business. as Benjamin Franklin said "Beer is God's way of telling us that he loves us and wants us to be happy" Not many nights go by without me having a tipple - im 51, still very fit and i have the outlook of a eight year old which compensates for my liver which must resemble an eighty year olds ;-) but thats what the NHS was invented for.

Peyote said:
I brew my own beer so in the interests of producing a good product I can't be teetotal! Having said that, I try not to drink during the week and rarely have more than a pint in one evening. One 40 pint batch tends to last several months!

Are you a masher or an extract brewer?

Peyote

Rhythm Thief said:
Are you a masher or an extract brewer?

I'm neither, yet! I use kits to start off with then experiment with different yeast types and hopping schedules. I'd love to have a go at extract brewing, but I haven't broached the subject with SWMBO yet, the cost of boilers and other equipment is quite high and then there's the smell, I love it, but I don't think she does!

Mashing and All Grain brewing is well out of my range at the moment, but when I get shed with a power supply there'll be nothing to stop me building my own equipment!

What about you? Is there a Rhythm Thief Cask Ale slowly maturing somewhere as I type?!

Pete

On this front I think I'm very lucky. I can drink modest amounts of wine or beer - or even stronger stuff - but never feel an urge to drink more of anything, than I have already consumed. So if I've had - say - one glass of wine, and there's more in the bottle, I don't feel any need to pour another. I can just reach for the water carafe instead, for the rest of the meal.

Anyone who has a 'problem' and can get themselves into that way of thinking - and when it comes as natural to them, not forced abstinence - why then, the problem is almost solved. I say this because there are people who've posted on this forum, who do seem to have a drink problem, and I wish I knew how to advise them.

So I've already stated that I'm not a TT and don't wish to be one. In fact, though I'm no connoisseur, I don't want to cut myself off, forever, from the pleasure of savouring a good pint, for instance (for me more usually a half-pint :biggrin:). But it is true that I often go for weeks on end without anything alcoholic. Which seems to be the case for many others who have posted here.

col

Legendary Member
More like months between for me,it never has bothered me,but when i do,i enjoy them.:biggrin:

Peyote said:
What about you? Is there a Rhythm Thief Cask Ale slowly maturing somewhere as I type?!

I used to brew from the mash (although I started with kits, same as you) years ago, but I just found other things to do and didn't have the time any more. I've still got all the kit though, and me and a friend have just started brewing again. She has a garage and I have the know how, so we're an ideal team.;)

Top Bottom