Does anyone own a Felt Z6?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

Atyl1972

the f95 i seen the gears were very 'clunky' but the Z6 is meant to be more refined as its a 105 groupset and i quite like the micro shifters personally, they feel nice and it saves shifting the complete break lever too..., ill let you know when i see it next week...
Have you ridden the bike? Just wondering what you thought of the gear shifters, The Felt was one I considered for my next bike but I was a little put off by the design of the gear shifters. I've only seen pictures on the internet so far so might not be so put off when I see them for real.

OP
OP
A

Atyl1972

will deffo do that mate, id like to see what you've got too, so post me some if you can....:biggrin:
Really hope you like it. In my experience, bikes ALWAYS look miles better in the flesh, pictures never really do them justice and colours can be very misleading.

I was gutted at the time that I couldn't get the Felt AR2, but I'm completely over it now as I've now gone anti-carbon anyway so everything worked out.

Don't forget to post some pics if you decide to get it :thumbsup:

OP
OP
A

Atyl1972

very nice mate, very nice, i love the focus bikes for looks both road and cyclo-x, which do you prefer out of all the bikes you have, cannondale no doubt....the stealth beast as i see it.lol :thumbsup:
Morning mate, my bikes are generally scattered around the site in various 'show us your.....' threads, but you can view them together HERE :thumbsup:

very nice mate, very nice, i love the focus bikes for looks both road and cyclo-x, which do you prefer out of all the bikes you have, cannondale no doubt....the stealth beast as i see it.lol :thumbsup:

Each one brings something different to the table. The C'dale is just a weekend beasty fly machine, the CX bike will go almost anywhere I want it too and the fixed is my perfect commuter.

The Cayo no longer looks like that TBH. I'm waiting to get it back after Focus replaced the frameset under warranty after I found a paint imperfection. To be honest I was surprised they agreed to replace it, but, never look a gift horse in the mouth as they say.

Trouble is, Wiggle are being a bit arsey now and bouncing my emails and not returning it whenI asked them. Seems strange for them, but perhaps there is more truth in the Halfords/Wiggle rumours than we think :sad:

OP
OP
A

Atyl1972

I have to be honest whenever i have contacted wiggle and believe me lately, it has been countless times...they have always always replied, maybe pre-sale and not post-sale not sure as i have only bought exposure lights off them so far, but yes to me that also sounds strange, three bikes for every occasion, cool man...thought i would have been contacted by now to go n see the Felt, but nope not yet,lol
Each one brings something different to the table. The C'dale is just a weekend beasty fly machine, the CX bike will go almost anywhere I want it too and the fixed is my perfect commuter.

The Cayo no longer looks like that TBH. I'm waiting to get it back after Focus replaced the frameset under warranty after I found a paint imperfection. To be honest I was surprised they agreed to replace it, but, never look a gift horse in the mouth as they say.

Trouble is, Wiggle are being a bit arsey now and bouncing my emails and not returning it when asked them. Seems strange for them, but perhaps there is more truth in the Hal fords/Wiggle rumours than we think :sad:

I've dealt with Wiggle for years now, and I have previously never had anything but the upmost praise for everything they did, every transaction was perfect, to the extent that I've qualified for platinum discount for at least the last 3 years as I bought so much from them!

They have really only got one chance left to recover my own situation, after that I'm finished with them, (well I will be when I get my frigging bike back!), and that's really sad IMHO. I have aways defended them, even though their prices on the whole seem to now be higher than their rivals, the customer service always swung it for me.

So it really is a shame that all that good work can be undone so quickly :cry:

OP
OP
A

Atyl1972

yeah thats the problem if you have excellent dealings with someone for a very long time then all of a sudden, some human error or computer screw up totally puts you off then forever and totally changes the outlook on the site/company, hope you get it sorted mate :hello:
I've dealt with Wiggle for years now, and I have previously never had anything but the upmost praise for everything they did, every transaction was perfect, to the extent that I've qualified for platinum discount for at least the last 3 years as I bought so much from them!

They have really only got one chance left to recover my own situation, after that I'm finished with them, (well I will be when I get my frigging bike back!), and that's really sad IMHO. I have aways defended them, even though their prices on the whole seem to now be higher than their rivals, the customer service always swung it for me.

So it really is a shame that all that good work can be undone so quickly :cry:

ShaunGo5

I purchased the 2011 Felt Z6 in April of 2011. This is my first high end carbon road bike and only my 3rd season of riding. Overall I would give the bike an A. The frame is well built, light, (I have the carbon, orange, and white paint) and responsive. The crankshaft, breaks, and shifters are stock parts, while the rear derailer is shimano 105. The wheels and tires (mavic, and vittoria) are really a nice compliment to the frame. I have put 500 +/- miles on the bike in less than year, and it's comfortable, durable, and good value for money. The only thing that I would change is putting on the matching shimano 105 complete set to complement the 105 parts already on the bike, but you're looking at another $800-$1000 before labor. I tested out various Scott, Look, Trek, Specialized, and Cervelo models before choosing the FELT Z6. I know I am late to the conversation, but if it helps, I highly recommend the bike. If you live in the CT/ NY metro area, shoot me an e-mail and I can recommend you to the shop where I bought my bike- they're a pretty amazing shop.

Also side note about the weight. The Z6 can hold up to 18st (252 iLB's). I am at 16st currently looking to drop to 14st by August. I started my 2012 season last week and I am building up my rides. This week I have done a 19.7 MILE and 20.9 MILE ride.

Psyclist

Über Member
I purchased the 2011 Felt Z6 in April of 2011. This is my first high end carbon road bike and only my 3rd season of riding. Overall I would give the bike an A. The frame is well built, light, (I have the carbon, orange, and white paint) and responsive. The crankshaft, breaks, and shifters are stock parts, while the rear derailer is shimano 105. The wheels and tires (mavic, and vittoria) are really a nice compliment to the frame. I have put 500 +/- miles on the bike in less than year, and it's comfortable, durable, and good value for money. The only thing that I would change is putting on the matching shimano 105 complete set to complement the 105 parts already

Any reason you changed to 105 components as opposed to Microshift?

I've just been sent some Forte Carbon shifters (re-labelled Microshift Arsis) from the U.S from a friend to upgrade from my Shimano 2300 and am curious as to it's quality?

I'm on a budget and my Microshift groupo will be as light as Rival or Ultegra but for less.

Thanks.

ShaunGo5

I haven't made the upgrades yet. I am quite happy with the equipment on the bike, I am just thinking down the line to getting something lighter and cleaner on the bike. The microshift is actually really great, 1 lever under the break to shift down and a button to shift up. The only time I use the smaller ring on crankshaft is if climbing a hill. I myself am quite curious what the best complete component set would be. Carbon is obviously lighter, but I worry about it's durability.

Speedywheelsjeans

If you're happy with that then that's fine, but personally I'd rather take Felt's word on the subject, and there reply to me was 16 stone max. If it hadn't been I'd have bought an AR2, but after their reply, I didn't.
Ride safe :thumbsup:

Engineers calculate limits based on material fatigue over time. below 16st your probably in the <1% frame failure category over 16 stone your in the >1% frame failure category. Engineers who designed the frame know what they are talking about, bike shop guys likely wont. Im with smokey on this one.

Top Bottom