Does anyone own a Felt Z6?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Atyl1972

guys I'm about to get a felt Z6, or at the very least try it can anyone shed any light if they have had one or know anyone with this bike, thanks in advance guys

cheers :tongue:

I was considering this but even with thorough googling couldnt find any usuful feedback from owners, not reviews.
The fact that apparently the frame has a weight limit of 16st also put me off (not that I weight 16st) but it just made me feel less comfortable about the 'strenght', so didnt get it

It does look nice though

OP
OP
A

Atyl1972

Hi, thanks but the weight limit is actually 18st not 16 so theres a little leeway, i am 15st 9lbs ( not for long though i hope ) and that was my main question but having contacted felt themselves they assured me of the limit..
I was considering this but even with thorough googling couldn't find any useful feedback from owners, not reviews.
The fact that apparently the frame has a weight limit of 16st also put me off (not that I weight 16st) but it just made me feel less comfortable about the 'strength', so didn't get it

It does look nice though

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Never owned one but would consider one if I needed to replace my Scott for any reason. Compact chainset and 11 to 28 cassette combined with light weight should be good on hills. 32 sp[oke wheels should be sturdy, Seems reasonably priced for full carbon bike with 105 stuff. And looks good.

OP
OP
A

Atyl1972

yeah man checked today in yate in bristol where they stock their bikes, a bloke there told me that its rubbish that it weight restricts to just 16st, the guy was telling me that he has got a AR2 or 3 and he was over 16st, even the wheels were fine, its a statement that felt have to make i suppose, Ive heard that if you're 90kg or over then you have to check how true the wheels are, but with a 32 spoker shouldn't see any probs then, well anyways I'm not 16st and i hope to lose what Ive got already,lol...not sure about the orangyness......
Have you checked this recently? Only asking as I emailed Felt when I was going to buy an AR2, and Felt told me the weight limit was 16 stones.

yeah man checked today in yate in bristol where they stock their bikes, a bloke there told me that its rubbish that it weight restricts to just 16st, the guy was telling me that he has got a AR2 or 3 and he was over 16st, even the wheels were fine, its a statement that felt have to make i suppose, Ive heard that if you're 90kg or over then you have to check how true the wheels are, but with a 32 spoker shouldn't see any probs then, well anyways I'm not 16st and i hope to lose what Ive got already,lol...not sure about the orangyness......

If you're happy with that then that's fine, but personally I'd rather take Felt's word on the subject, and there reply to me was 16 stone max. If it hadn't been I'd have bought an AR2, but after their reply, I didn't.
Ride safe :thumbsup:

OP
OP
A

Atyl1972

It was felt that i contacted at yate in bristol, its the wheels that may be a issue and not the frame, they may need truing sooner depending on your weight :smile:
If you're happy with that then that's fine, but personally I'd rather take Felt's word on the subject, and there reply to me was 16 stone max. If it hadn't been I'd have bought an AR2, but after their reply, I didn't.
Ride safe :thumbsup:

Have you checked this recently? Only asking as I emailed Felt when I was going to buy an AR2, and Felt told me the weight limit was 16 stones.

Ahh this is where I read it!!
heehee.gif

It was felt that i contacted at yate in bristol, its the wheels that may be a issue and not the frame, they may need truing sooner depending on your weight :smile:

You've contacted Saddleback who are the UK distibutor, whereas I actually contacted Felt directly, but no matter.

I'm just relating what Felt told me, I enquired specifically about the AR2, but their response was that their frames, (not AR2 specific), were restricted to 16 stones. Perhaps they've changed their minds, or perhaps thet can't make their minds up?

It was around 12 months ago that I contacted them though, but they still sell the same bikes now that they did then, (in the main). For the record, most manufactuers don't have any weight limits, yes components are a seperate issue, but most components are far cheaper to replace than a frame anyway. So, two bikes at the same price point, one with a weight limit, one without, there's only one I'd spend my money on :thumbsup:

OP
OP
A

Atyl1972

ok, do you think that its because of the AR2 and the way the carbon frame is weaved, anyways its a gamble i know but I'm awaiting it to arrive at my LBS to at the very least look at then I'll make my mind up, but they are nice looking bikes IMHO and the thing is i like the LBS, you know when you get that feeling when you meet the owner and they go out of their way to get a deal for you, the price on wiggle is £1080 and without me asking anything, he gets on the phone to saddleback and ask them for a deal for me, yes its cheaper on wiggle however, when the cost of free servicing x 3 and free fitment, its worth the extra few quid, so i shall wait n see what it brings, hopefully its not as orange as it is on wiggle,lol..the AR frame is pretty orange but its really nice though, got me Asgard shed today, wow what a storage unit though....
You've contacted Saddleback who are the UK distributor, whereas I actually contacted Felt directly, but no matter.

I'm just relating what Felt told me, I enquired specifically about the AR2, but their response was that their frames, (not AR2 specific), were restricted to 16 stones. Perhaps they've changed their minds, or perhaps thet can't make their minds up?

It was around 12 months ago that I contacted them though, but they still sell the same bikes now that they did then, (in the main). For the record, most manufactures don't have any weight limits, yes components are a seperate issue, but most components are far cheaper to replace than a frame anyway. So, two bikes at the same price point, one with a weight limit, one without, there's only one I'd spend my money on :thumbsup:

Chris.IOW

ok, do you think that its because of the AR2 and the way the carbon frame is weaved, anyways its a gamble i know but I'm awaiting it to arrive at my LBS to at the very least look at then I'll make my mind up, but they are nice looking bikes IMHO and the thing is i like the LBS, you know when you get that feeling when you meet the owner and they go out of their way to get a deal for you, the price on wiggle is £1080 and without me asking anything, he gets on the phone to saddleback and ask them for a deal for me, yes its cheaper on wiggle however, when the cost of free servicing x 3 and free fitment, its worth the extra few quid, so i shall wait n see what it brings, hopefully its not as orange as it is on wiggle,lol..the AR frame is pretty orange but its really nice though, got me Asgard shed today, wow what a storage unit though....

Have you ridden the bike? Just wondering what you thought of the gear shifters, The Felt was one I considered for my next bike but I was a little put off by the design of the gear shifters. I've only seen pictures on the internet so far so might not be so put off when I see them for real.

Really hope you like it. In my experience, bikes ALWAYS look miles better in the flesh, pictures never really do them justice and colours can be very misleading.

I was gutted at the time that I couldn't get the Felt AR2, but I'm completely over it now as I've now gone anti-carbon anyway so everything worked out.

Don't forget to post some pics if you decide to get it :thumbsup:

Top Bottom