Does anyone still wear underwear under their padded clothes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User33236

After trying various combinations I now wear under armour boxer jocks under my padded stuff. As they say, whatever works for you.

oldroadman

Veteran
I'm amazed - race/training shorts with a proper insert, now in this happily modern age cut gender specific for comfort, have always been designed for next to skin wear. Modern fabrics wick moisture away. The only thing between shorts and skin should be chamois cream - or Sudacrem which I used for many years of competition and never, ever, chafed or suffered saddle sores, even in races over 230km.
Still, if some people insist, they will never know what proper comfort on a bike is.:sad:

U

User33236

I'm amazed ........ Still, if some people insist, they will never know what proper comfort on a bike is.:sad:

You have the right to be amazed as you wish :smile:

As i said i have tried various combinations. including commando, and for me i have found 'proper comfort' in my combination of shorts, under armour and saddle combination. Everyone if different. That is what makes the world (and this forum) as interesting and varied as it is.

400bhp

Guru
I'm amazed - race/training shorts with a proper insert, now in this happily modern age cut gender specific for comfort, have always been designed for next to skin wear. Modern fabrics wick moisture away. The only thing between shorts and skin should be chamois cream - or Sudacrem which I used for many years of competition and never, ever, chafed or suffered saddle sores, even in races over 230km.
Still, if some people insist, they will never know what proper comfort on a bike is.:sad:

The only logic is some are wearing ill fitting shorts or really cheap and nasty ones. Or both.

400bhp

Guru
Still doesn't make them suitable for two trips a day... WIcking moisture away doesn't make them magically dry for the ride home from work!

What-your lycra shorts don't dry of sweat after a days (8 hours say) work (assuming it hasn't rained)?

400bhp

Guru
I don't work an 8 hour day.

You do what then?

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't have anywhere to hang cycling kit up to dry at work, small office in a serviced building, so will still be damp

sazzaa

You do what then?

What does it matter? My shorts don't dry out in the time! Even if I had a heater to put them over, I still wouldn't relish the thought of putting on unlcean clothes for the ride home. Let's just say it can be different for females, some of us like to feel fresh down there.

400bhp

Guru
What does it matter? .

Because lycra dries out in no time, unless it's dripping wet.

You've added a few additional reasons as to why wearing the same pants might not be reasonable which suggests you didn't really buy into the "my shorts don't dry in time for the way home" line.

sazzaa

Because lycra dries out in no time, unless it's dripping wet.

You've added a few additional reasons as to why wearing the same pants might not be reasonable which suggests you didn't really buy into the "my shorts don't dry in time for the way home" line.
Why you so bothered that I wear underwear on the commute? My reasons stand, my cycling clothes sit in an unheated room when I'm at work, they barely dry out on a good day, hardly going to add sweat into the mix. Tried it a few times but feel more comfortable going home with fresh underwear on rather than damp used shorts.

400bhp

Guru
I don't care.

Just be honest with your reason, which isn't that a pair of lycra shorts (that don't get wet anyway-not any decent ones) are somehow soaking wet from a dry commute over a relatively short distance.

sazzaa

I don't care.

Just be honest with your reason, which isn't that a pair of lycra shorts (that don't get wet anyway-not any decent ones) are somehow soaking wet from a dry commute over a relatively short distance.
Well, then I'd be lying. Jeeez.

Top Bottom