Does commuting wind you up?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can't say my commute is particularly pleasant. I try to be zen and ignore most of the bad driving and just focus on getting to my destination in one piece. Every now and then I do come across the odd twat/careless driver who purposely or neglectfully decides to put me at risk which I guess can wind me up but I don't go chasing them down and look for confrontation like some of the Youtube cammers (one reason I wouldn't use a camera, I think it would encourage me to go looking for trouble).

I do know that the alternative (either sitting in traffic driving or crammed on public transport with other souless people) is far worse. Sometimes I do wonder about the human condition as I filter past endless queues of cars and wonder why everyone does it every day (the same people at work who moan about 'the traffic' when they only live 3-4 miles away and could easily cycle to work if they put their mind to it).

After a tedious 9-5 day at work the ride home can sometimes be something to look forward to as I'm counting down the minutes until hometime.

jay clock

Massive member
Having to deal with busy London traffic on a daily basis for my cycle commute. I find that if you just concentrate on your own journey rather then worry about what others are doing, then it makes the journey so much better and nicer.

I commute most days from Waterloo to Marble Arch. I agree with @ianrauk and just relax into it. If someone carves me up while on the phone I just let them go. To be honest I find the ride very relaxing and pleasant!

crazyjoe101

[SNIP] Anyone who drives should have demonstrated ability to drive correctly to pass the tests, so crap driving is also a very deliberate action. [SNIP]
The key issue being that if you display poor behavior or driving during your test you are instantly failed, but do so once in possession of your license and you are extremely unlikely to face any repercussions, let alone lose your license. There is little incentive for drivers to make an effort to avoid anything but the most serious driving offences.

Top Bottom