Does cycling give you a big bum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nosaj

I don't mean flabby out of shape and out of proportion big so bear with me on this.....

I have had a dinner suit that I have had for quite a while (I am 40 and I got in when I was around 21). There have been times when my gut has been to big to get into it, however having lost a load of weight (diet and exercise) I could get into it again albeit it was a bit tight at the waist but generally ok. Recently I tried it on again (after a hell of a lot more cycling this season) and there is now ample room in the waist but around the bum and top of the thighs it is tight and the glutes area is the tightest

I have also noticed that if I buy trousers or shorts that are more of a tailored fit I have a gappy waist band but they feel tight around similar areas.

Anyone else get this or am I just weird

RedRider

Pulling through
Yep, I've got a nice arse too. ^_^

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
It's kinda annoying going from struggling to find clothes due to being so fat to losing weight and finding that your bum and thighs are too big to fit in a lot of clothes.

defy-one

Is it wrong to stare at an avatar for 14hrs with my tongue hanging out?

Daaaaang!!!!

Lee_M

Guru
Seriously, most peoples body shape will change significantly from 21 to 40, at 21 you'll still be a waif, I'm not surprised it doesn't fit.

But a new one for your new buff self

And yes I keep looking at that avatar too

Globalti

Legendary Member
Same problem here - current fashion for trousers is snug fitting around the hips with no pleats so I'm finding that anything I try on is loose around the waist and too tight around the bum and thighs.

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
I have a similar difficulty with trousers and shorts, but usually go for something thats a little too snug on the leg than baggy round the waist, which has caused problems when crouching (popping seams) - so I try and avoid doing any! I'm sure this guy has it far worse though.

The glutes (bum) and quads (thighs) are the 7 major muscles in the upper leg that grow with cycling strength, so in a way its surprising that there aren't any "cyclist cut" trousers out there for us to feel comfy in for everyday wear.

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
As a cyclist there is definitely a difference between "Skinny" jeans and "just-plain-too-tight-for-your-massive-thighs/ass" jeans...

Good job I'm too out of touch to be fashionable.

Sandra6

Veteran
Maybe there's a market out there for a budding entrepreneur???
Whoever thought to make larger cut baby clothes to accommodate cloth nappies is making a fortune, it's a similar thing to adapt designs for cyclists, no?!

Top Bottom