Does cycling give you a big bum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
Maybe there's a market out there for a budding entrepreneur???
Whoever thought to make larger cut baby clothes to accommodate cloth nappies is making a fortune, it's a similar thing to adapt designs for cyclists, no?!

It would be nice to have some trousers that don't squash my Tena pads against my enormous arse and thighs.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Yes, you'd think someone like Rapha of dhb would do some smart trousers cut for cyclists.

D

Deleted member 1258

Looks like we all have the same problem, I tend to go up a size on the waist so my trousers are comfortable around the arse and thighs,I buy a 36" instead of a 34", it's better than ending up with squashed nuts.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Pleated front trousers that were fashionable a few years ago are perfectly OK. It's just that at the moment most trousers are cut more snug around the hips.

12 months on tour have done wonders for my backside, so my OH tells me. Seriously though there's a lot more muscle there than there was and when I needed a shot in the backside after the dog bite in Turkey, the rather shy muslim nurse who tried twice and failed had to get a male muslim doctor to inform me that my muscles were too hard for her to get the needle in! (this cased much amusement alround, I can tell you) they ended up using IV instead, so yes, it makes a difference but it is one my husband appears to be enjoying! :whistle:

How were the Turkish dog's teeth after biting you?

they didn't get me in the backside :laugh:... only the leg... the 2 needles were on the other hand bent apparently!
I suspect its teeth probably hurt more from all the kicking it in the face I did, though it is remarkably hard to kick your own foot when it is being held in the mouth of a dog... and even harder to kick your own leg when its in a dog's mouth.:rolleyes:

Sara_H

Guru
I don't mean flabby out of shape and out of proportion big so bear with me on this.....

I have had a dinner suit that I have had for quite a while (I am 40 and I got in when I was around 21). There have been times when my gut has been to big to get into it, however having lost a load of weight (diet and exercise) I could get into it again albeit it was a bit tight at the waist but generally ok. Recently I tried it on again (after a hell of a lot more cycling this season) and there is now ample room in the waist but around the bum and top of the thighs it is tight and the glutes area is the tightest

I have also noticed that if I buy trousers or shorts that are more of a tailored fit I have a gappy waist band but they feel tight around similar areas.

Anyone else get this or am I just weird
As is oft repeated in this forum:

It didn't happen without pictures!

suffolkcindy

No need to ask if my bum looks big in lycra. I actually knocked over a guy's tea as i walked past his table last week because when the gluts get pumped on a ride they get even bigger and misjudgements occur.
Still, on a positive note, i guess no cycle camper needs to carry a bottle opener or a nut cracker :smile:

OP
OP
N

Nosaj

Here you go, it is a peach isn't it
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAwZoVhf8ItaO4v93-enOSTtEFIPIDyE56bF1yXE6P0G6W8dMzng.jpg

Top Bottom