Does my Brompton have a 44T chainwheel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Do you have the bike to hand? The most reliable way to find out would be to simply count the number of teeth.

jay clock

Massive member
My S3L came with a 50T (and standard gears. I swapped for a 44) and on the flat jump from 2-3 and back. Runs out of gears at just over 30kmh which is fine for my commute

OP
OP
annedonnelly

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Sorry @Rickshaw Phil I didn't mean to be rude :sad:
I just think that since the bike was built to a spec by Brompton there should be information readily available about the components used. I'd already looked on the Brompton website and dug out all the paperwork that came with the bike.

As for checking to see if it's stamped on the chainring, no I haven't. Searching the forum I found other people counting teeth so figured they wouldn't be doing that if it was stamped somewhere.

Guess I need to get counting.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Not a problem.:okay:

From the information I can see it is very likely that yours is a 44T chainring, however I've been caught out by making assumptions before and ended up ordering the wrong thing so find that checking what's actually fitted saves some hassle.

If yours has the chainring guard on it you will probably find the number of teeth is moulded into it adjacent to to one of the bolts. If that isn't present then counting might be the way forward but it should only be a couple of minutes work.

Top Bottom