Does the colour of jersey matter?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I do have a black jersey, but on a hot sunny day, I'd prefer something lighter with uv protection. My two best jerseys are a pale green

Too much branding in those for my liking but given they're all quite dark colours, I can't see it making much different really

It is quite possible the OP was thinking about visibility on the road. In sunny conditions the shadows are stark and the contrast high, which causes its own problems. Whatever you are wearing, it is possible to "disappear" in bright light.
My personal preference is for black and yellow - well - it works for wasps!
Wear white socks. The most effective visibility feature is one that moves a lot. Modern pedals make those yellow reflectors difficult, but something moving catches the eye.
Wear a colour you like for your jersey, and enjoy your riding.

OP
OP
F
How close do they have to fit? I'm a 34" (tightest fitting)

Apollonius
I was thinking about it at the back of my mind, but I was liking the black because the writing stands out the most....Even my mum likes the black better. But I thnk I'll have to think about visibility on the road.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2

vickster

Legendary Member
That was a question at David.

Personally, beige and black at present...obviously not cycling kit tho :sad:

Wear what you like. And the fit you want.
As for visibility, a mate of mine was once crashed into in an orange car by a driver that didn't see him. Getting seen is as much about your position on the road as anything and making sure you are a moving dot in someone's vision and not a static one.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ah so it's a first cycling jersey.

Performance fit means it'll be snug. Looking at the Altura size guide, a 34" chest needs a small. But bear in mind, if you a lanky type (which you are IIRC), you may find it short in the body. Evans are good for returns, so perhaps got for small and medium, even in a couple of colours to try on

Top Bottom