Does the colour of jersey matter?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
F
Or for £1.98 you can have a bottle cage and a little adaptor to mount it on your handlebars shipped all the way from China. (99p for the mount and 99p for the cage)

After having a bad experience ordering a camera lens from Japan, I decided that I won't be anything from over that way ever again. But thanks.

vickster

Legendary Member
Sensible, just decide what colour you want and get from Evans with the jersey....checking none of their price match competitors aren't cheaper

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I tend to dress for visibility as I run warm regardless of the heat properties of whatever colour I'm in.
I go for a black top with a Sam Browne belt to provide a solid slash of contrast when on the move and it looks fairly inconspicuous off the bike too if needs be with the belt easily stashed in a pocket.

agree on a merino base layer, when the weather demands, they are worth the money & you can often get them for reasonable price in the hiking section of Decathlon

KneesUp

Guru
After having a bad experience ordering a camera lens from Japan, I decided that I won't be anything from over that way ever again. But thanks.
Single bad experience trading with Japan = won't buy anything from a country 1300 miles* away even if the item is barely more than the cost of a stamp? Wow. You hold a grudge!

I thought that at £1.98 for a cage and a mount for the bars you could solve your problem of where to put the bottle and get a perfectly functional bottle holder all for a bus fare. But if you want to spend 7 times as much on something that does the same job that's up to you!

Good luck not buying anything made in China though, you're going to need it :smile:

* capital cities are 1300 miles apart.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Yellow can have an unforseen consequence: it attracts insects!! I sat in my own "Pig-Pen" style cloud of flying things at the cafe on Sunday, whilst everyone else was completely undisturbed by the little buggers. I was the only one in yellow.
I had the same problem in Whitstable after a night ride a month ago. At breakfast, all the bugs in the world decended on my yellow jersey. I wasn't on the podium and I really didn't need the adulation.

KneesUp

Guru
Black is the only cool colour for cycling.
No, you're getting mixed up with goalkeeping tops:

lev_yashin.jpg

OP
OP
F
I have the jersey. It's a little small, so I'll have to return it and get a bigger size.
I got the small size http://images.evanscycles.com/product_document/file/26b/5a2/f8e/2569/altura-size-guide.pdf
I'm thinking I should go for the medium instead.

It's a pain putting it on and it seems tight at the waist. Is this normal?

Having putting it on again, if I lose the stomach it might be a better fit.

I've put the bottle cage on the bike but had to take the bike pump off because the screws aren't long enough. The Camelbak Podium seems nice :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom