Does the colour of jersey matter?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
F
lol...........errr....... no.... I haven't bought any proper cycling clothes before so I have no idea what I'm doing.

KneesUp

Guru
I have the jersey. It's a little small, so I'll have to return it and get a bigger size.
I got the small size http://images.evanscycles.com/product_document/file/26b/5a2/f8e/2569/altura-size-guide.pdf
I'm thinking I should go for the medium instead.

It's a pain putting it on and it seems tight at the waist. Is this normal?

Having putting it on again, if I lose the stomach it might be a better fit.

I've put the bottle cage on the bike but had to take the bike pump off because the screws aren't long enough. The Camelbak Podium seems nice :smile:
You can get longer bolts.

Re: shirt. I've written a decision program for you using everything I remember from computing at school, and some bits I made up:

10 Answer: Does it fit?
20 If 'No' goto 30 ELSE goto 50
30 Answer: Will it fit in a reasonable time frame?
40 If 'Yes' goto 50 ELSE goto 70
50 Keep the Jersey
60 goto 90
70 Send it back
80 goto 90
90 End

zacklaws

Guru
I bought a Leopard Trek shirt, which has three striped colours, black at the top, light blue in the middle and white at the bottom. On a very hot day, my shoulders are burning, whilst my ridriff can be still cool.

In winter on very cold days for short runs, as much as I dont like it, I will carry a 500ml bottle in my central back pocket which I don't really like doing because of the weight and one on the bike if I need two. The one in the pocket is the one I drink from till its empty then swap bottles round. The benifit of it is that it is kept a little bit warmer from your body heat than the one on your bike which could be close to freezing or may even freeze some days. To replace the storage space in your pocket for innertubes, tools etc you may loose, I have a storage bottle which fits in the spare bottle holder.

Yellow can have an unforseen consequence: it attracts insects!! I sat in my own "Pig-Pen" style cloud of flying things at the cafe on Sunday, whilst everyone else was completely undisturbed by the little buggers. I was the only one in yellow.
Hello flower!

Or at least that is I believe the reasoning behind your fan club

creakyknees

I was surprised that some people on this thread have the view that black is a suitable colour for cycle clothing. Having just restarted cycling after a long gap as a motorist driving over 25k miles pa, I appreciate when cyclists make themselves more visible, as it in general allows a greater safety margin as in some conditions, e.g. under dense trees, which we have on some roads here in Somerset, it can be difficult to see cyclists in dull clothing. I am also aware that not all drivers are careful middle aged drivers like me! My current cycling jersey is a not very cool looking fluorescent orange and I have a green fluorescent helmet (:laugh:) to go with it so I feel I have done what I can to prevent an accident.

uclown2002

Guru
I was surprised that some people on this thread have the view that black is a suitable colour for cycle clothing. Having just restarted cycling after a long gap as a motorist driving over 25k miles pa, I appreciate when cyclists make themselves more visible, as it in general allows a greater safety margin as in some conditions, e.g. under dense trees, which we have on some roads here in Somerset, it can be difficult to see cyclists in dull clothing. I am also aware that not all drivers are careful middle aged drivers like me! My current cycling jersey is a not very cool looking fluorescent orange and I have a green fluorescent helmet (:laugh:) to go with it so I feel I have done what I can to prevent an accident.
:popcorn:

uclown2002

Guru
wouldnt go for a black jersey it absorbs the heat on a hot day and it makes you less visible for cars to see.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hyslop

Veteran
As far as the jersey goes,get yourself the Agrigel one from Prendas,people will stop and point and cars will magically slow down and drive off the road.

Top Bottom