Does The Racing In The Tour Matter Now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris42

2 Positives, I assume 2 teams sent home, one with a Brit in. The leader is also under some doubt to his honesty.

So does the racing really matter?
Surley if they abandoned the tour it would send a very clear message that they are not messing about any more?.
:biggrin::biggrin:!:biggrin::angry:!:smile::angry:!:smile::angry:!:biggrin::angry:!

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
3 out of 180 isn't bad, not good, but not as bad as in previous years.

Astana and Cofidis being booted out will hit the cycling community hard. The teams do not want this, and it should affect their eligibility to compete in the coming races.
Astana being banned from competing in The Vuelta would really show the cheats that they are not going to be allowed to continue cheating. But they will be allowed to compete, as will Cofidis and teams will continue to take the risks.

Banning Cofidis from next years TDF would really have an affect, and is possibly the most severe punishment.
If the regulatory bodies punish the teams, the teams will start to make sure their riders are clean as they are the ones that will suffer

i think that exposing the dopers and taking action shows that cycling means business.

unlike the tennis player from wimbledon a few years back who was named 6 months after the event and his punishment was having to give his winnings back... can't remember the guy's name now.

L

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The tour still matters to me, and it will go on. Lets be optimistic, they are catching the dopers, and pressure from the public and the media will ensure their careers are over.

We could always go back to the previous situation of burying our heads in the sand and not testing properly, but that would not ultimately solve the problem. I believe the new resolve against doping will, but nobody said it would be painless.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
It still matters for me. Go Contador!

Quote: Most likely to a vein at this rate.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

The race should go on, it's been a while since we've seen a mountain fight like today's- reminded me of Indurain and Rominger. I'd like Contador to win it as he clearly has talent and guts. I don't think he will this year, but it won't be for lack of trying.

As for those caught, I do think the two-year ban for offenders isn't harsh enough.

monnet

Guru
Cathryn said:
I'm not giving up on Contador either!!!! Rasmussen might get a puncture???

The same Contador that is linked to Operacion Puerto, protege of well known doping ringmaster Manolo Saiz and erstwhile team mate of Vino?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have followed cycle racing since 1968. the last few years have tested my patience, but I think ths has come to the end. The credibility of some of the riders has been shown to to be negelible and the sport will now be a laughing stock. The world will now not care who wins, or even care which team the winner comes from. The sport is tainted. I think this is the end and unless somehing major is done the tour is finished. I personally am very saddened and disheartened by the whole sorry tale. i don't know what more to say.

Paulus said:
I have followed cycle racing since 1968. the last few years have tested my patience, but I think ths has come to the end. The credibility of some of the riders has been shown to to be negelible and the sport will now be a laughing stock. The world will now not care who wins, or even care which team the winner comes from. The sport is tainted. I think this is the end and unless somehing major is done the tour is finished. I personally am very saddened and disheartened by the whole sorry tale. i don't know what more to say.

Unfirtunately I agree whole-heartedly with Paulus!
That, for me, and many others, I suspect, will be the final nail in the coffin! :biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom