Does this constitute a cartel???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
£24.00 for gatorskins from Winstanley if you need them???

winstanley bikes , is about a mile from my front door , they used to be a proper bike shop, and a good one at that, then I think the sons took over, what was the bike shop is now winstanley pram world and winstanley bikes operate from a unit on an industrial estate, nowhere near as good as they was , but then again I can just go and see if they've got what I want, instead of paying and playing the guessing game.

OP
OP
M

maroon

Über Member
I think my main beef is that I'll miss the convinience of just picking up stuff but as mentioned before I'll just shop around in future

Jimidh

Veteran
I think my main beef is that I'll miss the convinience of just picking up stuff but as mentioned before I'll just shop around in future
That’s the pay off - you pay for the convenience or you shop around if getting the cheapest price is more important.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Looks like I won't be using Evans much more then. Their prices were usually terrible, but the price match often made it more convenient. It was also a good way to get an extra cycle scheme bike.

Will Spin

Über Member
It's not surprising if all the major suppliers' prices match up when they can do their own price matching, which I'm sure they do.

BurningLegs

Veteran
At least Evans are getting some things right (in my opinion):

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/evans-cycles-blacklist-351710

Who was the competitor that you wanted to price match against, out of interest?

If you have a CycleSurgery near you then I can recommend them - their price match policy is excellent and it applies across Europe so you can go in store and get a product at the same price as one of the German websites.
Well that sounds very good but they will surely quote the postage you would pay from Germany? Around £8 or so. I do now and again buy from Rose in quantity to get the free postage but Cyclesurgery surely just calculate things on the on-off postage?

edit: Indeed - found this: "Where we match an internet price we will take the competitor’s shipping cost into account to work out the total price"

May as well continue with Rose for my mass order of sensible bits. And Cycle Surgery aren't terribly interested in such things these days.

Yes I know it's a relatively old thread - landed here after searching for views on Winstanleys.

Last edited:
Top Bottom