Does this happen anywhere else?

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by jonnysnorocket, 8 Mar 2018.

1. oldwheels

oldwheels Über Member

Two bolts and one nut with some match heads between. Tighten carefully and then throw at some hard surface like a wall or floor. Nice bang. When we were told to stand up and empty our pockets I had taken the precaution of hiding mine under the edge of the desk before this order was given. This “ second sight “ has served me well over the intervening 70 years.

NorthernDave and BoldonLad like this.
  2. BoldonLad

BoldonLad Über Member

I remember that too! How did we survive?

Did you do the putting 6" nails on the railway line, wait for a train to pass and flatten them, then use them as "spear" tips?

3. Drago

Drago Guru

Used to put coins on the railway lines, and throw eggs at the locos.

4. cyberknight

cyberknight Bullied off cc

So much nobbery so little time.

5. ozboz

ozboz Über Member

we had a favourite pastime also , there was a Dentist at the end of the street , we used to climb over the wall into the back yard and retrieve the half used syringes , numb bums were very common amongst our gang ,

6. Zanelad

Zanelad Über Member

I recall putting bangers ( the firework ones, not suasages) up the handlebars of our bikes and blowing the grips off. Or wedging them between the spokes and riding around waiting for them to go off .

7. EasyPeez

EasyPeez Über Member

Who are you on about?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice