Does this happen anywhere else?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Two bolts and one nut with some match heads between. Tighten carefully and then throw at some hard surface like a wall or floor. Nice bang. When we were told to stand up and empty our pockets I had taken the precaution of hiding mine under the edge of the desk before this order was given. This “ second sight “ has served me well over the intervening 70 years.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Two bolts and one nut with some match heads between. Tighten carefully and then throw at some hard surface like a wall or floor. Nice bang. When we were told to stand up and empty our pockets I had taken the precaution of hiding mine under the edge of the desk before this order was given. This “ second sight “ has served me well over the intervening 70 years.

I remember that too! How did we survive?

Did you do the putting 6" nails on the railway line, wait for a train to pass and flatten them, then use them as "spear" tips?

ozboz

Guru
My childhood would have been ruined if we'd been banned from putting bullets in a vice and whacking them with a hammer.

we had a favourite pastime also , there was a Dentist at the end of the street , we used to climb over the wall into the back yard and retrieve the half used syringes , numb bums were very common amongst our gang ,

Zanelad

Guru
I recall putting bangers ( the firework ones, not suasages) up the handlebars of our bikes and blowing the grips off. Or wedging them between the spokes and riding around waiting for them to go off .

Top Bottom