Does this happen to you....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
getting this lately with people turning left, the half turn and then stop when they see me and we all sit there looking at each other until someone further back hoots and the intial car turns

better driving than the usual but still poor forward planning

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
A couple of times recently the same thing has happened to me...

Commuting along a straight road (different roads but similiar conditions) when as I approach a factory opening or supermarket carpark a lorry has pulled out slowly, I then slow down or stop as I am aversed to being squashed by 10 - 20 or so tonnes of lorry..... The driver has then gesticulated at me rudely indicating that he was waiting for me to pass (and obviously saw a gap in traffic coming the other that he wanted to take advantage of.....) To be fair I sometimes gesticulate back:shy:

Now perhaps I should commit myself and go for it rather than wuss out.... BUT how am I to know he has seen me and is letting me pass rather than not seen me.....

Now is it me being timid/bad riding.... or bad driving by the lorry driver....

I hope the description is clear and just wondered what other C.Cers would do.....
Spot the hazard....check
Slow down...check
Make eye contact...check
Continue with caution and awareness...check

Nope.... can't see that you did anything wrong here, sure you may upset an impatient person in another vehicle, so what...your safety is more important than their progress.

You could throw a flounce and stop with your hands on your hips shaking your head and attempting to shame the lorry driver into repentance, I see a few people resorting to these sorts of futile theatrics (especially on motorbikes) but frankly, who has time for that kind of crap

Joking aside, if you feel you are being over cautious and perhaps confusing others, then do as Ian suggests and wave them out, this will maintain control and safety and allow you to enjoy the ride all the more.

Keep up the good work ( sorry if that sounds patronising, it's meant as a pat on the back)

OP
OP
simon the viking
Spot the hazard....check
Slow down...check
Make eye contact...check
Continue with caution and awareness...check

Nope.... can't see that you did anything wrong here, sure you may upset an impatient person in another vehicle, so what...your safety is more important than their progress.

You could throw a flounce and stop with your hands on your hips shaking your head and attempting to shame the lorry driver into repentance, I see a few people resorting to these sorts of futile theatrics (especially on motorbikes) but frankly, who has time for that kind of crap

Joking aside, if you feel you are being over cautious and perhaps confusing others, then do as Ian suggests and wave them out, this will maintain control and safety and allow you to enjoy the ride all the more.

Keep up the good work ( sorry if that sounds patronising, it's meant as a pat on the back)

I have shrugged my shoulders and gesticulated etc..... but then go through the gap the lorry driver left ..... then become VERY aware I've got a lorry I've just p****d off behind me......

Top Bottom