Does you folding bike have a name

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bikegang

Mod before ride, my bike my style...
I call this one Oldie, for obvious reason.

QQ图片20150208094345.jpg

Kell

Veteran
I hired a Brompton a while back and they're all bluey-purple, so my partner at work called it 'Dora the Explorer' because it looked like a kid's Dora bike.

Then I got my lime Green Brompton and the kid's naming thing continued and it was christened Ben 10. Not by me, but it's stuck and is what the bike's called on my Strava profile.

None of my other bikes are named though. Just seems to fit naming a Brompton.

Dora:

11823052_10152887470071021_5398916698223369951_o.jpg

Ben 10:

13082540_10153387180486021_5894797266461584050_n.jpg

OP
OP
shouldbeinbed

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I call this one Oldie, for obvious reason.

View attachment 133703
Admission of my own ignorance; I lived in Crawcrook for 10 years, did all my secondary education at Ryton Comp and lots of riding and walking through Newburn, Stella, Tyne paths up to Wylam and all that but I have never seen this monument nor heard of the battle of Newburn Ford, your avatar location and this pic made me curious if it was the Newburn I (thought I) knew. Next time I'm up visiting the family it will be explored, thank you for my little bit of learning today.

T4tomo

Guru
The Brompton is called "The Brompton" however my Bianchi is known as "The Italian Mistress" as its a better ride than....

Bill

All of my cycles have been called JIM after my dad who was a cycle tourer pre war. The current jim is my Dahon Vitesse and I used transfers on the lower handle bar stem to say so! My family all know what I am refering to when I mention...JIM!!

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Admission of my own ignorance; I lived in Crawcrook for 10 years, did all my secondary education at Ryton Comp and lots of riding and walking through Newburn, Stella, Tyne paths up to Wylam and all that but I have never seen this monument nor heard of the battle of Newburn Ford, your avatar location and this pic made me curious if it was the Newburn I (thought I) knew. Next time I'm up visiting the family it will be explored, thank you for my little bit of learning today.

I spotted it today. It's not a route I've ridden often (NCN72) but I think you can be forgiven for missing it as they seem to have had the battle in the middle of a car park. If you're anything like me you'll be so busy trying to avoid small children, dogs and people eating ice-creams as you navigate that part of the route that you won't be looking at the scenery or admiring battlefields :smile:

Top Bottom