Does your workplace provide indoor or outdoor cycle parking?

Where is your cycle parked whilst you're at work?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deb13b

No bike parking facilities whatsoever. Yet, they do the c2w scheme. So I don't get to ride my bike to work as the only bike parking in the whole of the town are some railings at the crossing up the street. Don't get me wrong, work isn't far away, I walk it, but getting on my bike makes me happy !

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Secure building with locked doors, designated for me only! My garage. I work from home.

(I'll get me coat)

Holdsworth

Über Member
I bought up the issue about cycle parking today with our HR manager. Apparently a request for rebuilding the entire shed has been put forward by someone in another part of the company, that was 3 months ago according to him.

The plans sound good; totally covered, bike stands and more CCTV closer to the sheds.

I have requested that they put a bit more pressure on the bosses to get do as soon as. Hopefully I'll see some of this in the coming months
smile.gif

Bigsharn

Veteran
Depending which site I'm on... There is no designated parking for cycles on any site, it's down to me to find a suitable railing/lampost/whatever to lock it to.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
outdoors and covered... but it's those daft ones where you slot a wheel into a couple of D's, meaning a long lock is needed to secure both wheel and frame. So take up 4 'spaces' by locking the bike more securely across them, taking up half the entire stand. The other half of the stand is taken up with a pile of pallets... so only room for me and my selfish locking style. I seem to be the only one with a bike though, so I don't feel too bad.

D

Deleted member 1258

Small line of wheel benders at the top of the drive just past reception, but cycling on the drive is banned, your supposed to get off the bike and walk up the drive. I'm in the warehouse on permanent late's, start and Finish two hours after everyone else, my fixed is kept in the warehouse locked to a guard rail next to the big roller door.

Flyingfox

We have a secure bike 'room' in the basement of our building, CCTV, swipe card access and a main gate that is solid so the exit release button on the inside cannot be accessed from the outside. So pretty lucky really, only downside is that you have to carry your bike down a flight of stairs to get to it.

John90

Über Member
Designated, covered and secured. I think that City Hall subsidised the cost. They certainly send bike maintenance people round a couple of times per year to give a free tuneup to anyone who wants it. Good old Boris Johnson.

jimmys

Regular
I get a room to put mine, with all our old clients files.

Safe and dry, good enough for me, just hope no one else decides to ride to work as there will be no room!

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
My boss lets me keep the bike in the outdoors mini-shed, locked up by the stairs outside or even in the living room.

(n.b. works for self :-)

Top Bottom