Dog toys that last.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Can anyone recommend some dog toys that last more than five minutes please?

Our nine month old poodle could break a Tonka toy, she has a stuffed toy pulled apart in days, and rubber ones can be shredded in a similar time.

The only one that's lasted some time is a Kong rubber ball that you fill with food to keep them entertained, even when it's empty she loves to chew it and it's still in one piece.

Before I splash out on some more Kong stuff though I was wondering if there's any alternatives?

vickster

Legendary Member
A big bone?

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Kong stuff is pricey but pretty bomb proof and generally you get what you pay for. Forget anything remotely foam-like, they will just tear it up. Tennis balls are also a waste of time. Needs to be either hard rubber stuff or soft fluffy comforting toys like pheasant/duck/fox a-likes but it is probably breed dependant, our is a retriever so it's in his genetics to always have something in his chops. We found one other brand of ball that is great - and lasts literally about a year or more, will check with the OH and update when I know what they are called.

edit - it's 'SportsPet High Bounce Rubber Ball'

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
Haven't got a photo but our Lab has got through so so many toys but the one that stands out is a tractor tyre toy, solid rubber, pink,from B&M's for £1.99, he loves it. Its almost indestructable.

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
Haven't got a photo but our Lab has got through so so many toys but the one that stands out is a tractor tyre toy, solid rubber, pink,from B&M's for £1.99, he loves it. Its almost indestructable.
Thanks, I'll have a look in there tomorrow.

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
I had to go to Pets at Home earlier for food so whilst there I picked up this Kong fox, she killed it within half an hour.

There's a hole in it's belly, and half the left ear and left hand are missing. 😂

The things you learn on here - never knew there were special supposedly tough fluffy characters for dogs - are they ever bought for particularly adventurous/vicious children/partners?

Cat toys that last? 🐱 :laugh:

View attachment 618887
was in Lidl the other day - they had some cat toys - have no idea what the difference is between a cat and dog toy.

Top Bottom