Dog toys that last.

stephec

Legendary Member
Can anyone recommend some dog toys that last more than five minutes please?

Our nine month old poodle could break a Tonka toy, she has a stuffed toy pulled apart in days, and rubber ones can be shredded in a similar time.

The only one that's lasted some time is a Kong rubber ball that you fill with food to keep them entertained, even when it's empty she loves to chew it and it's still in one piece.

Before I splash out on some more Kong stuff though I was wondering if there's any alternatives?

vickster

Legendary Member
A big bone?

Kong stuff is pricey but pretty bomb proof and generally you get what you pay for. Forget anything remotely foam-like, they will just tear it up. Tennis balls are also a waste of time. Needs to be either hard rubber stuff or soft fluffy comforting toys like pheasant/duck/fox a-likes but it is probably breed dependant, our is a retriever so it's in his genetics to always have something in his chops. We found one other brand of ball that is great - and lasts literally about a year or more, will check with the OH and update when I know what they are called.

edit - it's 'SportsPet High Bounce Rubber Ball'

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
Haven't got a photo but our Lab has got through so so many toys but the one that stands out is a tractor tyre toy, solid rubber, pink,from B&M's for £1.99, he loves it. Its almost indestructable.

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
Haven't got a photo but our Lab has got through so so many toys but the one that stands out is a tractor tyre toy, solid rubber, pink,from B&M's for £1.99, he loves it. Its almost indestructable.
Thanks, I'll have a look in there tomorrow.

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
I had to go to Pets at Home earlier for food so whilst there I picked up this Kong fox, she killed it within half an hour.

There's a hole in it's belly, and half the left ear and left hand are missing. 😂

The things you learn on here - never knew there were special supposedly tough fluffy characters for dogs - are they ever bought for particularly adventurous/vicious children/partners?

was in Lidl the other day - they had some cat toys - have no idea what the difference is between a cat and dog toy.

Top Bottom