Dog toys that last.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

We had of those odd shaped Kong toys; throw it and it'd bounce off in curious directions. Our then dog (Tess, a malinois) loved it, and would have played fetch all day with it. I chucked it for it her one day and saw it bounce off towards a clump of bamboos at the end of the garden. Tess was gone ages and then returned to me looking all kinda, well, defeated. I went down to the bamboos and could not find the darned thing, looked everywhere. We reckoned it'd turn up eventually. It hasn't. This must be near on 5 years ago now.

Every now and again, my wife and I play conjecture ('what happened to the Kong?') to see who can come up with the most outrageous theory; eagles, moles, foxes - all have had bit parts in a story but I suspect we'll never know.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
We've had the same postman for years.

I'll have to ask him what his trousers are made of :whistle:
My mum was posty for a number of years, she carried a short length of plastic hosepipe in her mailbag, mainly for fending off the odd aggressive goose (the animal, not a comedy bum pinch) but a feisty dog would have it waved at it too

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Our long departed Wemeranar had a heck of a bite and would demolish most toys literally in a minute or two.

The already mentioned Kongs defeated him but...

... a friend once gave him a Slazenger tennis ball and that was a survivor.

The cheap ones like 3 for 99p would last less than a minute.

Last edited:
OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
We had of those odd shaped Kong toys; throw it and it'd bounce off in curious directions. Our then dog (Tess, a malinois) loved it, and would have played fetch all day with it. I chucked it for it her one day and saw it bounce off towards a clump of bamboos at the end of the garden. Tess was gone ages and then returned to me looking all kinda, well, defeated. I went down to the bamboos and could not find the darned thing, looked everywhere. We reckoned it'd turn up eventually. It hasn't. This must be near on 5 years ago now.

Every now and again, my wife and I play conjecture ('what happened to the Kong?') to see who can come up with the most outrageous theory; eagles, moles, foxes - all have had bit parts in a story but I suspect we'll never know.
Is that the one that's ridged like a Michelin Man, and is hollow for stuffing treats inside?

Ours has last a few months now without a scratch.

Dog toys that last defy the term "toy" the play aspect is the destruction itself.

We have a 30yr old Kong thing still some where in our garden, none of our 6 dogs ever bothered with the indestructible stuff.

Much more fun are the things which can be pulled apart:laugh: the only thing that comes close to longer lasting and still gives many dogs some sense of destruction achievement are things like skinnies (there's a few brands buy Skinny Peltz are good), these can ragged a lot, can be washed and still last a long time. We have a few of them and even our 10yr old was playing with his today when i came home.

The other non destructible toy is a cat, our cats always entertain the dogs and seem to last longer than the dogs:okay:

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
She's set a new record, less than ten minutes for this one.

Chief Broom

Veteran
For throwing/chasing toys those flat plastic throwing rings are good. My dog would eventually crunch it but thats ok because you just get some gaffer tape and strap it up. Trick with these rings is to throw them vertically as they spin along the ground and go off in all directions. :okay:

Mrs M

Guru
Jumball from B&M has survived along with the Kong teddy and giant tennis ball.
Remaining puppy toys have been confiscated in case he swallows them whole.
Big Kong teddy is 1 month old, only minus his ears so far and only birthday toy left from a bag full.

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
Jumball from B&M has survived along with the Kong teddy and giant tennis ball.
Remaining puppy toys have been confiscated in case he swallows them whole.
Big Kong teddy is 1 month old, only minus his ears so far and only birthday toy left from a bag full.
View attachment 619369

View attachment 619370
Kong tennis balls are really good, from a pack of three she's still got two left after a few months. 😊

Top Bottom