Doggy people

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I had a retriever for 14 years, he was my true friend.

I had a cocker spanial but he is part of anothers life now somewhere.

I'd really like a dog, just unsure if its fair on the dog as I'm single and don't want to leave it alone if I travel or am out all day, as there is nobody to look after it.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I had a retriever for 14 years, he was my true friend.

I had a cocker spanial but he is part of anothers life now somewhere.

I'd really like a dog, just unsure if its fair on the dog as I'm single and don't want to leave it alone if I travel or am out all day, as there is nobody to look after it.
You could of course, employ a dog walker to take your prospective dog out for a walk in the middle of the day. My clients employ me either every day for some dogs or on an ad hoc basis for when they have meetings, long days etc

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Great tribute to a lovely looking dog.

It's damn nigh impossible to 'get over' the loss of your dog. I lost my boy (in avatar) in May 2011 and I still get very upset about it and miss him constantly.

They become so much part of the family don't they?

My first GSD, Sefton, came to us from a shelter when he was 10 months old.
My second, Wallace, was 9 months old and also from a rescue shelter.
Oskar came from German kennels aged 6 months. We didn't know he had problems, but found out later he has hip and elbow dysplasia as well as a condition called Wobblers Syndrome. This means he may not live past 4 years of age.
We were given a full refund for him and the breeders offered to take him back to Germany. I kept him as I knew the breeders would have no use for him.
He is happy and loved and I'm so glad we gave him (and the others!) a loving home and a second chance :smile:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
You could of course, employ a dog walker to take your prospective dog out for a walk in the middle of the day. My clients employ me either every day for some dogs or on an ad hoc basis for when they have meetings, long days etc
We have, as we call her, 'dog-walkie lady' that w often meet at the park. Not yet needed to use her services but would be perfectly happy to do so. As it I our Ridley is ok for about 4 hours on his own. Any longer and he tends to get destructive, evidenced by the section of kitchen wall that got eaten

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
We have, as we call her, 'dog-walkie lady' that w often meet at the park. Not yet needed to use her services but would be perfectly happy to do so. As it I our Ridley is ok for about 4 hours on his own. Any longer and he tends to get destructive, evidenced by the section of kitchen wall that got eaten
Ooops!
Oskar likes to chew a section of wall in the hall, where two corners meet...he clamps his jaws around each side and....
well let's say I've plastered it twice now!
He now enjoys his Kong, stuffed with frozen goodies :smile:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Ooops!
Oskar likes to chew a section of wall in the hall, where two corners meet...he clamps his jaws around each side and....
well let's say I've plastered it twice now!
He now enjoys his Kong, stuffed with frozen goodies :smile:
He has a Kong now too, works wonders. Mind you he's just finished stinking the place out eating a pigs ear, delightful aren't they!

I never miss a chance to show off my best mate Patch :becool:

Patch.jpg

He's a 3 year old JRT cross. Proper farm sourced dog, and I'm utterly convinced his blood line has some Colly in it.

A few people have asked about my avatar (my current GSD, Oskar).
Don't forget we can access the PETCHAT forum as well :thumbsup:

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I like the thought of a flat coated retriever, or an English setter maybe, or an English cocker spanial again.

I'm tempted by a rescue dog as well but don't want a staffy and there are lots of those at the local rescue centre.
I hadn't thought about a dog minder...hmmm...

I have the beach on my doorstep so that's ideal for daily walks and the south downs for longer ones.

I wonder if a cocker spanial will fit into a rear pannier bag...

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
I like the thought of a flat coated retriever, or an English setter maybe, or an English cocker spanial again.

I'm tempted by a rescue dog as well but don't want a staffy and there are lots of those at the local rescue centre.
I hadn't thought about a dog minder...hmmm...

I have the beach on my doorstep so that's ideal for daily walks and the south downs for longer ones.

I wonder if a cocker spanial will fit into a rear pannier bag...
My mum and dad and an aunt, all had cockers. Lovely natured dogs and brilliant for fitting on your lap.....unlike this....
2013-12-11075223_resized_zps7ec0095f.png

:laugh:

Top Bottom