Doing anything nice this weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rugby & football saturday, Kilotogo Godiva sportive on sunday :biggrin:, but probably only yhte shorter 63 mile option :rolleyes: as I haven't been training

Big Bren

I'll be running first thing tomorrow morning then watching Rugby in the afternoon whilst the kids go swimming. Out with mrs BB on Sat night for a meal and a movie. Sunday I shall be out on the bike first thing, then I've promised to take my son running - he's 8 and wants to start tri-club soon, so is insisting on some training! I've also promised to do some bike coaching with my 4 yr old daughter sun afternoon - she's dead keen to learn to ride.

At some point, I may get to put my feet up.

Bren

Kirstie said:
...tonight i'm going to see Seth Lakeman at Wolverhampton Wulfrun hall (yay!) but tomorrow i have to go into work and manage a marking co-ordination exercise for our tutors (boo!), then I'm going shopping (yay!), home (yay!) and on Sunday I'm going mtbing (woo hoo!)

My band supported Seth Lakeman and Benji Kirkpatrick at the Sheep Music festival in Herefordshire a few years ago. Benji was a nice bloke, but Seth was so far up his own arse his voice was muffled. And he's not as good as he thinks he is.
Enjoy it!:biggrin:

bonj2

i'll probably end up doing some combination of : go for a bike ride, come home for The Results, go for another bike ride, wander aimlessly round B & Q, cook, eat, sit in the sauna (in no particular order) maybe in the evening whip up a game of chess or poker with mates.
On sunday, maybe play squash or even golf.

Joe

Über Member
I was out early this morning, suffering in the rain and fog. I've just popped out to get some food and it's now baking hot, clear blue skies!:biggrin:
Oh well, footies on soon:biggrin:

ChrisKH

Guru
I've got to watch a children's production of 'The Wizard of Oz' this pm.:biggrin:

Lose the football & the rugby and I'll top meself.

(I've got a cold and it's doing my head in).

Rhythm Thief said:
My band supported Seth Lakeman and Benji Kirkpatrick at the Sheep Music festival in Herefordshire a few years ago. Benji was a nice bloke, but Seth was so far up his own arse his voice was muffled. And he's not as good as he thinks he is.
Enjoy it!:biggrin:

Yes well I think he's a great songwriter, but the fact that he so up himself really comes across in his performance. Everything is just too slick and precise - there's hardly any personality, subtlety, emotion or rough edges, which you really need in folk music IMO. It also explains why a lot of his recorded stuff is overproduced too - that and the fact that he doesn't have the right kind of voice for folk music anyway - more like a cross between Bruce Dickinson and Alison Moyet, if you ask me!

Top Bottom