Dominant hand/eye

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Right handed

Left eyed

The dog would face left.

Sorry, no idea what flintknappping is but as far as hitting nails with hammers goes, I'm not too bad. :blush:

Right eyed

Right handed

Draw objects pointing towards the left

Here is an interesting one though - which corner are you better at, left or right?

I am better at cornering left than right.

My first kneedown was on my left, and my 3 racetrack crashes have all been in right hand corners. In my (very) limited car on track time I am still better in left hand corners, even though thats on 4 wheels!

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Left-handed ( although, rifle, handgun, golf, cricket would all be right-handed ).
Left-eye.

I've just tried the hammer nail trick.
I'm now off to A&E to get my thumb sorted,,, I may be quite a while ! :blush:

Panter

Just call me Chris...
I am better at cornering left than right.

My first kneedown was on my left, and my 3 racetrack crashes have all been in right hand corners. In my (very) limited car on track time I am still better in left hand corners, even though thats on 4 wheels!

I'm definately stronger left.

On my road bikes, I was actually pretty quick at left turns although my first knee-down was on a right (round and round the roundabout :blush:.)

Generally though, right turns were a slow, wobbly affair.

Interesting....

Gromit

Über Member
Rigth hand right eye, very good at hitting nails and hedgelaying, if the tree is place right to left, the other way round i'm usless. Tought Arch to hedgelay, she's better at it than me because of her abilaty to use both hands

Right eyed, handed and footed, doodles face left.
But because of an earlier disability (I lost the use of both arms for about 6 years) I learned to write with either hand so I could get through school/uni.
I can't hammer for toffee, but have good hand-eye co-ordination in other ways (eg throwing and catching stuff). Also have good spatial awareness and balance particularly when the whole of me is attached to a moving object at speed (eg. Down Hill mountainbiking - I find jumping and airs easier than a lot of blokes do).
The only thing I am absolutely hopeless at is dancing ie foot - eye co-ordination. I'm always falling over my feet.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Right handed and right eyed.
My left eye is lazy though. If that makes any difference.
If i put my glasses on then there both out.
I'm a mix of foot. I kick with my right food, but when i go up stairs its my left foot.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Panter said:
Sorry, no idea what flintknappping is but as far as hitting nails with hammers goes, I'm not too bad. :blush:

Sorry. Flintknapping - the art of hitting or pressing hard on a bit of flint with another stone or a piece of antler or bone in the right way to flake off pieces to produce a sharp tool - from axes to arrowheads. Can also be done with other types of stone, and with obsidian, or even bottle glass. Apparently Bombay Sapphire bottles are good, because they break into nice flat and pleasantly blue pieces.

I need a few more replies for a decent sample. Keep them coming!

asterix

Comrade Member
Right handed but when I tried the test on a piece of cable hanging from the 'ceiling' neither eye was dominant:ohmy: My finger appeared to point slightly to either side depending on which eye was closed.

For the last two weeks I've been building a stone door surround out of granite. Although I try to find bits nearly the right shape, I've had to chip bits off a norful lot of bits of rock recently and I think I am rather good at it:blush:.

(I expect to finish the work tomorrow, here it is a few days ago..)

If I drew a hanimal, it would face right.

longers

Legendary Member
Right handed, left eye dominant and doodles face left predominantly.

I've got good hand eye co-ordination as well but that may have been "learnt" rather than innate.

Top Bottom