Doner kebab tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Three and a half bread wraps in the fridge that need eating up. Ditto some manky spring onions, the remains of a cucumber, half a little gem lettuce and some natural yoghurt. Hmmmm.............a quick purchase of lamb mince. So, oven on, chop coriander seed, and finely dice small onion, press two cloves of garlic, mix into lamb with cumin, oregano and celery salt, and a beef oxo. Go all traditional - grease proof paper in loaf tin. Press in lamb mix and fold over surplus paper to keep moisture in. Treat as meat loaf, and rest it where the fat can drain before cutting ultra thin slices - just like the lads do at your local kebabby.

Prepare spring onions, lettuce, tomato, and cucumber. Dust yoghurt with paprika. Bread wraps on hot plates to warm.

I just love junk food.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Just the two garlic cloves?

Pussy.

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
There's a whole forum dedicated to cooking, he could go there. I'm sure there are a few people who don't know anything at all about food who would think this stuff is really sophisticated. I mean, OXO??:laugh:

It's a swift cheat that works as a binding agent and flavourant. I've not had any complaints. :hungry:

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Three and a half bread wraps in the fridge that need eating up. Ditto some manky spring onions, the remains of a cucumber, half a little gem lettuce and some natural yoghurt. Hmmmm.............a quick purchase of lamb mince. So, oven on, chop coriander seed, and finely dice small onion, press two cloves of garlic, mix into lamb with cumin, oregano and celery salt, and a beef oxo. Go all traditional - grease proof paper in loaf tin. Press in lamb mix and fold over surplus paper to keep moisture in. Treat as meat loaf, and rest it where the fat can drain before cutting ultra thin slices - just like the lads do at your local kebabby.

Prepare spring onions, lettuce, tomato, and cucumber. Dust yoghurt with paprika. Bread wraps on hot plates to warm.

I just love junk food.

Wouldn't it be quicker, just to walk down to the Simla ? And stop at a good pub on the way ?

I was in the Corn Mill last week, we had a pleasant meal there . . . they've a decent range of ale too !

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
It's a swift cheat that works as a binding agent and flavourant. I've not had any complaints. :hungry:
It's chock-full of crap and has very little of substance. This is the beef version:

Wheat Flour, Salt, Yeast Extract (Yeast Extract, Salt), Maize Starch, Flavour Enhancers (Monosodium Glutamate, Disodium Guanylate), Colour (Ammonia Caramel), Flavourings, Beef Fat, Autolysed Yeast Extract, Dried Beef Bonestock, Sugar, Onion Powder, Lactic Acid
What you (and the estimable Mrs Stevens) are getting is salt, marmite and MSG. Which will utterly spoil any complex flavours in the real food.

Top Bottom