Doner kebab tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone else been round a factory where they are made?

Don't care. Walk away...

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Anyone else been round a factory where they are made?

There's the post pub kebabs made with pureed reclaimed meat and there's shawarma's and German/Turkish kebabs made with slices of filleted meat. They're worlds apart Adrian though and like I said when I'm drunk I don't care about the meat's provenance I tend to shun UK kebabs when sober.

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
Back in the 80s I went out with a girl called Donna Kebab. True story.

The lebanese kebab that I had in Pigalle in Paris was one of the best ever....

I think* the best kebab I ever had was from a small shop in a tiny "tourist village" near to Disneyland Paris - I was there for 14 days and must have visited half a dozen times. Even Mrs Marmion, who usually declines doner kebabs as "vile" feasted there with a degree of vigour.

*it's the best I remember although I may had had better when considerably under the influence of drink <Father Jack>

PK99

Legendary Member
I knew Llangollen was a bit backward, but bread in the fridge??!

At risk of being over foodie and nerdy... the staling of bread is not a drying out but a change in the starch from a gel state in fresh bread to a crystalline state in stale bread. The rate of staling is a maximum at 5C ie fridge temperature. At -5C staling stops.

So, room temp is good for short term storage, freezer is good for long term storage. Fridge is bad,

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I think* the best kebab I ever had was from a small shop in a tiny "tourist village" near to Disneyland Paris - I was there for 14 days and must have visited half a dozen times. Even Mrs Marmion, who usually declines doner kebabs as "vile" feasted there with a degree of vigour.

*it's the best I remember although I may had had better when considerably under the influence of drink <Father Jack>

Kebabs or andouillette, frogs legs and snails, it's a toughie.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Once again, inspired by a Cyclechat food thread, I nipped out this morning and bought some lamb mince. Knocked this up for lunch...

image.jpg

First attempt at homemade kebab, was proper nom nom!

Top Bottom